KnuckleHead37 Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I currently have 2 Alpine Type R 12s and am looking to replace the factory speakers. I really just want to so the speakers right now, can amp them later. I have about 500 to spend, but I would like to keep it around 250 so I can get the amp and redo my setup quicker. I want the speakers to sounds great first primarily, and secondly, be able to take some power when amped. What are your suggestions?
DylanBunch Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I have rockford fosgate punch 6x8s in my 06 explorer. They just blew from overpowerjng but that sounded great, im really bummed 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
KnuckleHead37 Posted May 4, 2013 Author Report Posted May 4, 2013 What model? I've been considering rockfords, lots of people recommend them. I just dont remember being that impressed with them the last time I heard them, which has been a little while.
DylanBunch Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 P1683 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
bcbrassard Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 The T1682s are like $89 a set off amazon and can take a bit of power. But there are tons of other options for 6x8s and you can always get adapter plates to run 5 1/4s or 6 1/2s. Just a though! good luck!
DylanBunch Posted May 4, 2013 Report Posted May 4, 2013 I think with the t1s you'll need an amp right away. 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
bcbrassard Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 Any aftermarket speaker is going to benefit using an amp. Even the Punch series has a decent wattage ratings but the T series will have the clarity and punch with or without an amp. Easy to add one in down the road, even a small one like a PBR300x4 or the other small amps out there.
DylanBunch Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 Unless you hhave experience with the power series I will have to respectfully disagree. My punch speakers (65 watts rms) sounded sooo much better after the amp and I had punch 6x9s (75 watts rms) and they sounded like shit and were barely audible in my last car.. so being even higher rated in power, I dont see how the power series coukd siund good powered off a hu 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
walwalka Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 He ended up with an MB quart RA640.4 and alpine type r speakers, I believe SPR-60 and SPR-68. We ordered some audio technix 1/0 awg to make one run to the back for power. We should be installing it this weekend or next, we will see how it sounds. 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.