My glock 19 sits in a locked case (still easily accessible) every night by my bedside. My stepfather also does the same thing. My thoughts are whats the point of having it if its hard to get to in a situation.

My question for you gun gurus is if its bad to leave it ready to go all the time?

I know that spring in there is under constant compression when its cocked. I have it in the case with a round in the chamber so I don't have to chamber a round if I need it....should I remove the mag, eject the round in the morning or am I fine just leaving it all the time like that? Will or could it cause any long term damage to the gun? Or am I just worrying about something that doesn't matter?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

you will hear all kinds of different answers to this question. What I hear most of the time is that if you don't over compress the spring it shouldn't hurt it. it's the compression and release that wears it down (or over compression or over extension). I have no way to back that up, other than it makes sense in my head when I hear it :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i keep one of mine with 10 in the magazine (10rd magazine) and the other with 8 (17rd magazine). I leave 8 in the the other because that is all the HPs I have for it :)

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I keep the mag at capaciy and 1 in the chamber so I have 11 Home Defense rounds total in the gun, and another 10 in the other magazine.

Thanks for the input guys, I have read both sides of this, just wanted some input from SMD family.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Leave it fulled loaded with a round in the chamber at all times, no harm. Just like the police and military do.

My pistol stays ready to roll. Safety off and pull the trigger.

Didn't think about it that way but you are right, I wasn't thinking about police/military.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

i am probably not a good resource for this stuff, hopefully some of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in as well. Or maybe 98 is one of those knowledgeable people!

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

from experience staying locked and loaded, or just cocked, what ever the choice doesnt really effect or damage it, its the constant action or the spring compressing and decompressing that will eventually cause damage. and that being said, not so much so on the recoil spring but on the magazine springs them self.

now as far as me, i keep it unloaded with the magazine loaded right next to it, I do have kids and to leave it loaded is against CA law, so i make it a bit harder, because my daughter cannot operate the function of the firearm.

but that also being said, if someone comes in my house and they here the mag get slammed into the pistol and the slide being cocked, they may just think twice.

Archived