Sundown Audio

What's a good 18 inch sub

Chavez918

I have 2 15 inch db drive w 1200 watt db drive mono amp but now I want 2 18 that will hit hard I don't know much about car audio I would like to know why kinda 18 n all the amps n everything else I would need to make it sound good w no problems

Your looking at well over $1000 to even start off....

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Is that all the info we get?

Can't you like give us things like:

-a budget

- the goal

-how much power would you like

-can you get a custom or make a custom box yourself

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Yeah I spent over 2 on what I got now I got the 6 inch door speakers w a400 plant audio Pushing them then the place I had hook it up used bs wire so now Im just trying to get info on it my alter is only 145 n I have a yellow top some people I talk to said that that was plenty for what I had as far as the alter n battery but now I want bigger

It's hard to beat the Obsidian 18 for what you get at the price,

http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hmmm, well, if you have 3 stacks to play with then might wanna go with a 3" coil 18, those Obsidians are 2.5" coils.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

I'd go with atleast something that can do 2k RMS for two Obsidian 18's. Something like the AQ2200. A member here is running two with that amp, I'll link you if I find it.

Are you wanting to stay below the point where you'd have to upgrade your alternator? Because that would make a big difference in what options you have available that you could use to their full potential.

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived