Hammer's budget bookshelf speakers, under 25$ each.

I already have a pair of bookshelf speakers I built using two Aura midbass form the partsexpress buyout. Can't remember the tweets but I did a pretty rough job and just threw them together. I decided to build two more to replace them. When CortezDTV posted his FS thread witht he Focal/jmlab buyout speakers on it I bought two of them.

I started building the simple 2 way bookshelf speakers yesterday. I picked up some 2.xx$ tweets from the parts express speaker buyout, and some simple 2way crossovers off ebay that are also terminal cups. 4.5khz 12db slope if I remember right.

Here are some pics. I flush mounted the mids, the tweets are meant to be mounted on the surface, not flushed so I left them that way.

Used my diy circle jig. I can cut perfect holes down to 1.5" and up to i think 20+" if I remember right. I cut a 3/8" deep rign that matched the diameter of the speaker trim rings, then cut the correct cutout to mount the speakers throught the baffle. Perfect flush mount, the trim ring sits exactly level witht the baffle.

I'm planning on sealing th wood with some resin, then painting and doing a simple gloss black. I might do a texture coat or maybe a grey, I'm not sure yet.

Heres pics.

temporary_zpsf177a6b6.jpg

temporary_zps74c7660f.jpg

temporary_zpsd6b15bf1.jpg

temporary_zps4b81ffb0.jpg

temporary_zps92a716cd.jpg

temporary_zpsde985086.jpg

temporary_zps3f387abf.jpg

In the last pic you can kind've tell its assembled. Not just the baffle but the entire enclosure. If I remember correctly I believe its 10" tall and 8" wide and 8" deep. Mayb a little bigger or smaller, I can't remember right now.

They sound surprisingly good. I use them for listening to music in my bedroom and have them on a oldschool receiver, 50w per channel 8ohms. Loud enough and enough low end that it makes picture sin my hallway rattle on the walls lol. Bass output is more then enough IMO for my room, I won't need a subwoofer.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Looks good bro. :) Like car audio DIY home audio yields better results. Been dabbling in home audio for years before car audio.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived