**UPDATE** What does "Pro Audio" really sound like?

These are a eargasm to listen to in person. Until he turns them up; then I bail because loud high frequencies feel like their penetrating my eardrums. I'd rather sit in a 160 car than these things turned all the way up lol.

Sounds fantastic when everything is at a moderate volume though :)

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt you mean you don't like the sound of supertweets at full power? :D

I appreciate the compliments bro!

sounds great on YouTube man.... loving the sound for sure... your HU has the control for all that?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

sounds great on YouTube man.... loving the sound for sure... your HU has the control for all that?

Just your standard bass/mid/treble levels. The crossing over is done via a separate unit

Just your standard bass/mid/treble levels. The crossing over is done via a separate unit

Oh I just noticed it in your sig... you're using the DD crossover unit? how do you like it? was it expensive? I'm in the market soon for either a new HU or minidsp or something to go with a "cheaper" HU that doesn't have all the controls already built-in

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Oh I just noticed it in your sig... you're using the DD crossover unit? how do you like it? was it expensive? I'm in the market soon for either a new HU or minidsp or something to go with a "cheaper" HU that doesn't have all the controls already built-in

It has a 7v line driver built in. It's pretty easy to set too. The crossover dials are notched when you turn them. It comes with a sheet saying which notch is what crossover point. So all you need to do is count the clicks and you are set.

I like it because it will let you put a low pass on your mids so they aren't fighting with the tweeters. It made all the difference, at least in my setup.

It goes for around $200

You can see all the crossover limitations here

WP_002441_zpsa3189dbc.jpg

It has a 7v line driver built in. It's pretty easy to set too. The crossover dials are notched when you turn them. It comes with a sheet saying which notch is what crossover point. So all you need to do is count the clicks and you are set.

I like it because it will let you put a low pass on your mids so they aren't fighting with the tweeters. It made all the difference, at least in my setup.

It goes for around $200

You can see all the crossover limitations here

WP_002441_zpsa3189dbc.jpg

damn! thanks for posting that... that was extremely useful info Snow... might make my setup easier in the future... I have a previous Pioneer with USB that I ditched for the 880 I'm using for the tuning capabilities.... hmmmm PLUS 7v line drive .... sounds great!

where did you install yours?

damn! thanks for posting that... that was extremely useful info Snow... might make my setup easier in the future... I have a previous Pioneer with USB that I ditched for the 880 I'm using for the tuning capabilities.... hmmmm PLUS 7v line drive .... sounds great!

Glad I could be of help!

Mine is just screwed to the back of my seat next to the 4 channel. Keeps it out of the way but still easily accessible

Glad I could be of help!

Mine is just screwed to the back of my seat next to the 4 channel. Keeps it out of the way but still easily accessible

I'm dead serious, that post alone might have changed my plans already.... I could swing $200 hopefully by end of June or mid July and use my old Pioneer w/ USB and be fcking rolling again... but suspension first!!! lol

Archived