**UPDATE** What does "Pro Audio" really sound like?

Ok guys so I derped out the other day. When I was playing with my crossover and trying to get it all squared away, I forgot I had the head unit treble on -8. So I turned that back up to 0 and re-tweaked with my crossover and got it sounded just a wee bit better. You can see the updated video on the next page. Post #21 ;)

I'm trying to give you all a sample of what pro audio mids and tweeters sound like by playing a couple different songs. Granted it is through a camera and it will never be accurate as to how it really sounds. But I'm trying to knock off some of the negative stigma that surrounds this equipment.
Granted it won't win any SQ competitions, but it's plenty fine enough to use for daily. I get in the car and listen to music with them. Nothing really stands out - for good or for bad. To be honest I've used component sets that sound worse than this.
You will notice it sounds a bit "middy." That's for my own listening preference. Personally I think it sounds better at high volumes if the tweeters are turned down just a wee bit.
Sooo.... Yeah... Onto the video. There is no processing or EQing other than a crossover. 2 pwx6.5s and 1 ft-1 supertweet per side
By the way: since audio was was the focus of this, not how it looked, your best bet is to just click play and keep it in a background tab while you go about whatever you are doing ;) I nixed the frame rate on it so I wasn't trying to upload a 1.5 gig video LOL

Nice camera :D lol that was my only thought, you can only show off your "pro audio" if you have something to show it off with, nice :) (obviously I only watched like the first 1.5 minutes, but I get the idea ;) )

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Thats the only thing i don't like about pro audio, every set of speaker i have ever owned pro audio or not i have to cut 1k at least some. it's just that i think my ears hear those tones better than others. Of course, if a set of speakers is really bad cutting 1k only makes the speakers sound hollow or washed out and makes the vocals get brassy.

I have a feeling that i will never be happy unless i spend 800 dollars on mids. lol

I personally love the sound of the PWX and FT1 combo. It sounds very warm and clear in my opinion. I have the FT1's and they are crisp and clear as day. And get piss loud.

Btw that 5FDP song is fantastic. :D

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I have always heard people bash Pro Audio/ PA. Really never understood why. They almost make it sound as if it is bad as running stock 6x9s off of a 4-chan. I really don't see that from my AQ 6.5 and super tweet. They sound very clear/clean.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Besides, what else is there besides PA? Like is anything better than PA considered SQ?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I have always heard people bash Pro Audio/ PA. Really never understood why. They almost make it sound as if it is bad as running stock 6x9s off of a 4-chan. I really don't see that from my AQ 6.5 and super tweet. They sound very clear/clean.

Agreed.

Yes, some PA speakers will sound bad for various reasons. But I can say the same about car audio speakers too. The first component set I had sounded wayy to bright and tinny. No midbass either. And that was supposed to be car audio speakers too.

When I got my PA gear, I noticed a BIG difference in sound just doing things like playing with crossover points and aiming the tweeters. That's why they are pointed straight at me vs. off axis like a lot of dome tweeters. That's just what sounded best to me. If I aimed them off axis they sounded really airy and peaky in the lower-high range (not sure what frequency. I'd guess somewhere between 3 and 5k)

Archived