Decided on a vehicle to finally build in.

Not too monumental here, but after years of deliberation, I've finally chosen a vehicle to use as a DD and make payments on once I graduate school (B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Pitt). Cool fucking story here. Really though, I test drove a 2013 Civic Si today. Before this I'd been tooling with the idea of the Focus ST, which is a badass little hatch, but it doesn't match the Civic in bang for the buck. It also looks like an angry catfish. It also requires a shit ton of options that take it to about $27k to be equipped to where the Civic is at $23k. (I'm talking stuff like bluetooth integration and things like that).

Nice motor, SUPER nice transmission, comfy seats, and reliability. 201HP isn't anything to brag about, but it certainly has more balls than any other Civic trim. And NO, no HKS/Greddy/Sparco/NOS stickers will be making their way onto this one. Though it does come with a complementary VTEC logo stuck on it. Gonna keep the bish stock and possibly save for 30% and Volks down the road. We'll see.

So WHY am I telling ANYONE this? Well, if you see in my sig, I've been picking up stuff here and there to build with when the time comes. That means I have a build log coming in the future, and I am fucking pumped. The 5ch Rockford and Sundown SA8 should be complemented nicely by some Sundown or DD mids/highs and probably the stock head unit with a 360.3 (to keep all factory wheel integration working 100%). Stay tuned folks, it's coming.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

In either one or two semesters, so not too long. Enough time to do the job searching gig.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived