Krakin's Single Cab '03 Sierra

Looks good man. Good to see you doing some work :) I dipped several parts of my Scion (and my wife's ipad lol) a little while back, and that stuff is awesome. I think I am getting ready to dip the whole car matte black here in a couple of weeks. Anyway... looks great! Keep it up. I can't wait to see the inside when it is done. I am sure you will do some clean work.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Looks good. I would personally be worried about the steps and bars on the bed. If you ever have a problem with them, look into bedlining them!

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Looks good. I would personally be worried about the steps and bars on the bed. If you ever have a problem with them, look into bedlining them!

I was afraid of those too but I have been pleased with the outcome of them. The sidesteps seem to be going strong so far. I made sure to not baby them so that if I need to I can get them fixed or do another method. The only downside is that dirt doesn't come off too easily but the upside is that I can wipe it off and do another quick coat.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Looks good man. Good to see you doing some work :) I dipped several parts of my Scion (and my wife's ipad lol) a little while back, and that stuff is awesome. I think I am getting ready to dip the whole car matte black here in a couple of weeks. Anyway... looks great! Keep it up. I can't wait to see the inside when it is done. I am sure you will do some clean work.

Thanks man. As I had said earlier I am very ashamed of my wiring and everything right now. But this weekend I'm going to take out the box and get a whole now false floor put in (possibly carpet it may save that for the summer). If I don't decide to redo my port I'll just wire that all up. The reason I might redo it is because this one while being somewhat musical is the complete opposite of a flat response. It likes 34-46ish a lot but anything on either end just ends up being almost silent. I have also figured out WinISD so that will help a lot. Also been toying with the idea of removing the third seat entirely and replacing it with a 4th order port back. Would just need to do a lot more research concerning that type of enclosure. Being my first real thought out build I have too many ideas coming in and out of my head to keep them on track.

Edit: But talking about the wire again don't worry everything is safe. I wouldn't play if I ran the risk of damage.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Found this today. The original window sticker for my truck.

sticker_zps96079cf6.png?t=1368570303

null_zps7f5b5b9a.jpg?t=1368569916

I was afraid of those too but I have been pleased with the outcome of them. The sidesteps seem to be going strong so far. I made sure to not baby them so that if I need to I can get them fixed or do another method. The only downside is that dirt doesn't come off too easily but the upside is that I can wipe it off and do another quick coat.

I occasionally see spots on my wheels that need touched up. That is the cool thing about plastidip, you just wipe it down the respray it and it looks perfect again. I have taken a power washer from the coin wash to my wheels and it has held up so far. I think the spots are places where I didn't coat it thoroughly the first time.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

The side trimming, when I first put it on, was put through quite a test from our power washer and passed with perfection. After my dad kept insisting this was a terrible decision since every time i washed it would come off haha.

So time to start the Sub stage portion of my build!! I started out by removing my sub and taking out the box but hit a small problem... The T-Nut was spinning and wouldn't let the screw come out...

null_zps0c9bbdbc.jpg

When I finally got the screw out I took a look at the T-Nut. I guess I had somehow bent all the pongs when I was installing it in.

null_zps8cc2c0cd.jpg?t=1368664667

When I got the box out I had a look at my wire I had... Pathetic. As you can see that is only 7 stands of copper per side...

null_zpsb463fb43.jpg?t=1368664458

But Now It's all going to be switched out for SHCA 14 Gauge which has 265 strands!!!

*Courtesy of SCHA's stock pic

14gauge_zps1570bed1.png?t=1368665328

So got the box pulled out and getting it ready for sanding and sealing I a little bit better.

null_zps6d41cec6.jpg?t=1368664297

null_zpsbde615b5.jpg?t=1368665942

null_zpse339bd24.jpg?t=1368664410

null_zps8b12eb53.jpg?t=1368664316

Archived