Tighten Stock Subaru Suspension

Hi I have got a 1996 Subaru legacy grand wagon and at the moment its got too softer suspension and its too high and waiting for money for adjustable but I heard somewhere that you can tighten stock suspension not just to lower want it for the non rolling factor and as im yet to put my subs in its gonna get lower so does any one know if tightening stock springs is true and how to do it I thought it would be a good idea to do it know while I am going to paint the rims anyway so I will be taken all the wheels off any help would be most appreciated thank you.

the only thing you can do is drop wrx suspension if your looking for better handling and a stiffer ride.

stay away from 04 wrx struts as they will not fit ( hubs are different) 05 will fit...... anything from 95-03 and 05 to like maybe 07. 05 saab 9-2x will fit also (wrx in saab skin)

they should bolt right up and they are cheaper than coilovers for your car......the only difference is where the brake lines connect to the strut and either get wrx softlines or invest in stainless braided for wrx's to put on yours. ( cheap/ghetto way of getting brake lines secured on these struts is zip ties) <- will work just looks like shit.

if you have a wagon get wrx wagon struts, if sedan then get sedan. sedan to wagon has ass sag and idk what happens wagon to sedan.

will lower about 1/2 inch. get an alignment afterwards-mandatory

edit: you could also get better sway bar endlink bushings and i believe the outback sway bars are stiffer to help with roll....but beware this "could" cause understeer conditions. also try to stay away from strut tower bars...as it could cause the same thing. if you search google you will find SO much info.

the reason i know this is because i have a 95 legacy wagon and wanted to upgrade suspension and searched the hell outta it.

good luck! :)

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

the only thing you can do is drop wrx suspension if your looking for better handling and a stiffer ride.

stay away from 04 wrx struts as they will not fit ( hubs are different) 05 will fit...... anything from 95-03 and 05 to like maybe 07. 05 saab 9-2x will fit also (wrx in saab skin)

they should bolt right up and they are cheaper than coilovers for your car......the only difference is where the brake lines connect to the strut and either get wrx softlines or invest in stainless braided for wrx's to put on yours. ( cheap/ghetto way of getting brake lines secured on these struts is zip ties) <- will work just looks like shit.

if you have a wagon get wrx wagon struts, if sedan then get sedan. sedan to wagon has ass sag and idk what happens wagon to sedan.

will lower about 1/2 inch. get an alignment afterwards-mandatory

edit: you could also get better sway bar endlink bushings and i believe the outback sway bars are stiffer to help with roll....but beware this "could" cause understeer conditions. also try to stay away from strut tower bars...as it could cause the same thing. if you search google you will find SO much info.

the reason i know this is because i have a 95 legacy wagon and wanted to upgrade suspension and searched the hell outta it.

good luck! :)

Thanks this really helped

you welcome :)

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry But I have to strongly disagree here.

If youre dropping a car all youre doing is RUINING the cars suspension geometry. Every piece of it
I would say for the same price of a wrx suspension you could get new struts, and probably heavy duty springs for the rear so you will be good with speaker weight

• 1 month later...

If youre dropping a car all youre doing is RUINING the cars suspension geometry. Every piece of it

I would say for the same price of a wrx suspension you could get new struts, and probably heavy duty springs for the rear so you will be good with speaker weight

Good fucking god no.

Proper lowering can be corrected.

Hell, in stock form the geometry can be fucked

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

yea....NO. if its a stock bolt on it does not ruin the geometry. i am a mechanic and have been for quite some time. all the subarus have VERY similar frame designs. some are almost identical . the only wrong way of doing it is cutting springs.... thats kills sus. geometry. i own a subaru and know a shit ton about them so im pretty sure i know what im talking about with these cars.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

Archived