N9neMillahhh Posted May 13, 2013 Report Posted May 13, 2013 I just blew one of my Rockford RFR1410s and so I need to get a new pair of subs, I'm lookin at the Soundqubed HDC310 and was thinking an L-port box with 4 cu ft and tuned to 30Hz, cause I like the lows. just checking and seein if anyone has experience with these and if that would be a good box for a pair of them! Would run them off a BRZ2400 at 1 ohm, rated at 2400 watts RMS. 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
Guest Posted May 13, 2013 Report Posted May 13, 2013 30hz is too low for SQ woofers. unless you like playing strictly 20-40hz music. do 36hz on the tuning. the stiff suspension will still allow it to play low. edit: btw the woofers will laugh at that amp because its too small. you'll be able to throw twice the power (4k) to them.
N9neMillahhh Posted May 13, 2013 Author Report Posted May 13, 2013 36 Hz tuning will still allow them to play stuff like jeezy? And I need to get a new amp anyways cause the power and ground inputs suck and are angled. Any amp recommendations? With a straight power input, cause 1/0 gauge is hard to work with sometimes. 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
N9neMillahhh Posted May 13, 2013 Author Report Posted May 13, 2013 I'm trying to find an amp to put out 4kw at 1 ohm but can't find any, especially for a reasonable price... 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
jmfrb1 Posted May 20, 2013 Report Posted May 20, 2013 Pretty much any good 3.5k amp will with good electrical. I.e. dc3.5k, crescendo 3500, soundqubed 3500, skar 3500 n a few others and for how they perform they price isn't bad at all
N9neMillahhh Posted May 21, 2013 Author Report Posted May 21, 2013 Pretty much any good 3.5k amp will with good electrical. I.e. dc3.5k, crescendo 3500, soundqubed 3500, skar 3500 n a few others and for how they perform they price isn't bad at all I plan on the soundqubed cause I'll have their subs too. Now I need to decide how big of an alternator I'll need. 270Amp Mechman? 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
Joe X Posted May 21, 2013 Report Posted May 21, 2013 I just blew one of my Rockford RFR1410s and so I need to get a new pair of subs, I'm lookin at the Soundqubed HDC310 and was thinking an L-port box with 4 cu ft and tuned to 30Hz, cause I like the lows. just checking and seein if anyone has experience with these and if that would be a good box for a pair of them! Would run them off a BRZ2400 at 1 ohm, rated at 2400 watts RMS. Placing a 10" sub in a 4 cube box and then throw 2.2K at it sound like pushing it, for jezzy stuff I would pick a couple of Obsidian audio 12s and place them in the same 4 cubes box and amp, that would work great.
N9neMillahhh Posted May 21, 2013 Author Report Posted May 21, 2013 I just blew one of my Rockford RFR1410s and so I need to get a new pair of subs, I'm lookin at the Soundqubed HDC310 and was thinking an L-port box with 4 cu ft and tuned to 30Hz, cause I like the lows. just checking and seein if anyone has experience with these and if that would be a good box for a pair of them! Would run them off a BRZ2400 at 1 ohm, rated at 2400 watts RMS. Placing a 10" sub in a 4 cube box and then throw 2.2K at it sound like pushing it, for jezzy stuff I would pick a couple of Obsidian audio 12s and place them in the same 4 cubes box and amp, that would work great. I'm putting two in the box lol my bad. Yeah two subs in a 4 cubes box. 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
jmfrb1 Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 Pretty much any good 3.5k amp will with good electrical. I.e. dc3.5k, crescendo 3500, soundqubed 3500, skar 3500 n a few others and for how they perform they price isn't bad at allI plan on the soundqubed cause I'll have their subs too. Now I need to decide how big of an alternator I'll need. 270Amp Mechman?And your big 3 at least a small secondary battery.
N9neMillahhh Posted May 29, 2013 Author Report Posted May 29, 2013 That's exactly what I was planning lol. A Redtop under the hood, big 3, 270A alt, and the kinetik khc800? Or would the hc600 suffice? 02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW) Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4 Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz Sub Amps: SAZ3k Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC.... Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.