way too much power. way way way too much power. 3k 3.5 tops.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I was just about to say, that's a whole lot of power for a 3" coil.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

lets put it this way. my way is 17 cubes.

4 2500s at .7 per. so realistically in that 3 to 3.5k range and I can stink em up if i want to. (yes I know what they can do on good electrical)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

3-3.5 for 9500s? good to know I was under the impression they could handle 6k. I'll keep that in mind and not turn them up too much.

also should finally be posting pics of a few things within the next few days, now that I have cleaned out the garage I will start unpacking stuff and moving stuff to the garage and gradually making stuff work it's way into the car :) also gotta wait on a new charger for my laptop to come in cuz mine just stopped working...

and who knows might end up just going ahead and either reconing to D1s or getting 3500s and selling the 5500s at some point.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

That's what the reconeing to D1 woulda been for... run them on 1 5500 and still be able to wire at 1 ohm

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• 1 month later...

omg... it's a miracle... over the last few weeks or so I've actually done some work on this thing lol

used a hole saw to make the holes for my ports then discovered the hole saw wasn't quite big enough so ended up having to use a wood file and sandpaper to make the holes bigger so I could fit my pipe in it... my pipe is too big for the hole ;) lol

20130829_145855_zpsc538ac52.jpg

finally got all the holes big enough and got my pipe cut to length and discovered I had lost one of my elbows :( so I got all 3 pipes in but one of them still needs an elbow before I can actually put it all together and call it done and haven't had a chance yet to go get another one

20130829_165846_zps9442f21d.jpg

also glued my baffle together and put everything up to set

20130829_165907_zpsf8903c66.jpg

then the weekend before last was my brother's wedding so got kinda crazy doing last minute stuff for that so didn't work on it so ended up sitting for a while but at least things hopefully got nice and dry lol started back up earlier this week gluing things together

got all the plain walls all glued together but didn't have the key to get to the power tools in the shed so couldn't cut out the holes for my subs and still never did find that elbow so the baffle and port wall just had to wait

20130910_140616_zpsb9040c0c.jpg

20130910_144042_zps0bb1de13.jpg

you can also see my new'ish CR-X and my brother's 69 grand prix back in the background looking awesome lol

was a little lazy and pressed for time and rather than trying to cut my boards with a circular saw I went ahead and took advantage of home depot having a panel saw and had them cut it since the whole board wouldn't have fit in one piece in my car anyway... last time I do that... dude didn't cut my dimensions that I asked for and this side piece is way off... gna probably end up tryina use shims or something to fill that in I feel like that is probably way too big a gap to try to just fill in with glue or something :(

20130910_144055_zps16972ac0.jpg

oh yea I also picked up a few of these... torque head screws

20130910_145154_zpse5aee0f9.jpg

My Build Log

today I finally had access to the power tools so I got started on my battery mount and doing some more work on my box

first side I glued for my battery mount ended up gluing crooked :( didn't notice till after it dried though and didn't feel like cutting it all again

20130912_131020_zps09acfe09.jpg

while that was gluing went ahead and started cutting the holes for my subs

20130912_131026_zpse9626ca1.jpg

20130912_133256_zps16efa85b.jpg

then I was kinda glad I had picked up some clamps that worked for squeezing and pressing cuz at first I wasn't quite sure how I was gna keep this next piece in place but I think this worked out nicely :)

20130912_153708_zpsade03dae.jpg

I did actually finish doing those walls all the way across and also glued on the baffle to the rest of the box but forgot to get pics of that before I went to class and now it's dark so I'll have to get those some time either tomorrow after work or saturday when I should hopefully do the finishing touches on the box and hopefully load the batteries into the trunk and wire them up so I can actually have them charging I REALLY hope I didn't let them sit so long that they died

My Build Log

Archived