Second Skin Audio

4th Order in a Single Cab Help

I want to build a 4th order to put behind my seats. Yes, behind my seats, not cut a hole through the cab. I'm wondering what to be looking for in TS parameters to figure out what sub to use. I know it will probably have to be a single 8 or 10 but that is fine. I understand the ratio thing and since this would be my first I'll build it with a 2:1 ratio. Also are there any guidelines on how the sub should situated in the box. It will have to be a trapezoid shape, about 49" wide and 7.5" deep on bottom, around 4" on top. These are outside measurements of course. Any ideas or suggestions? SoundQubed? Kicker(I get huge discount is why I mention) sundown?

I swear that shit shot out into the parking lot too. Very dangerous, but fun.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

What single cab?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Your depth alone says you don't have the room for a 4th order with only 7" of depth. Your sub needs to fire sideways from the sealed chamber into the ported chamber. I can't imagine tons of output with that kind of orientation. As mentioned, which since cab do you have?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

94' Mazda B2300. Logic Soundlab 1000.2 amp pushing a DD 1010(1.56ft^ft@37hz). KnuKoncepts wiring. Pioneer headunit. Homemade C.A.I. Cat delete. N1 muffler.

It's a '94 Mazda, exactly like a ranger. I had a DD 1010 in there in a ported box and I mean it was nice but idk I just want something louder without cutting through the cab. I had a feeling it would be too small but I thought I should at least toy at the thought. I just want lows and high output.

Do you have a bench seat or buckets? You could do a really nice sub, maybe a 12", inverted firing into your box between the seats if you have buckets. You could then port to passenger side with an aero port firing at the B-pillar. Im just throwing options out there that could work for you :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to do that really bad but I did have a bench seat in there. Buckets were hard to find for that truck for a fair price. It just so happens that I got a new truck and am now selling the Mazda lol

Archived