Meak Phil Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 I'm going with some 6.5" NeoPro's in the doors for an active setup with Alpine Type-R Silk dome tweets. Simply wondering, can I allow the NeoPro's to rolloff into the tweets naturally without a high side crossover and just a low side set at 55-65Hz, or should I aim to crossover the high side at ~3-4kHz? The tweets, I have figured out from my own experience, sound best crossed at 3500Hz, so regardless of the NeoPro crossover, I'll be putting the crossover of the tweeters at that point.
SnowDrifter Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 My own opinion: Mids sound MUCH better with a proper low pass crossover ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
mrd6 Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 You wont damage anything trying it if thats what you are worried about. If it were me, start with them running wide open at the top and then just start bringing the crossover down until it sounds best to you. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Chris Hammer Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 I would cross them, I have mine at 3500 and it is much better then when I tried 4khz...i don't have any idea what they would do if I ran them full pass but I don't think it would sound great. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Meak Phil Posted May 17, 2013 Author Report Posted May 17, 2013 Well, here's the thing. I have an MB Quart 2 channel amp which can feed them 150 watts RMS, which I've been told they ask for even though the RMS on the NeoPros are 100, or I can use my Sundown SAX 100.4 which can run the crossovers on both high and low side using the subsonic. So either starve them on their RMS power, or feed them the power that gets them moving well and cross them over the right way.
mrd6 Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 Run the sundown and dont look back My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Meak Phil Posted May 17, 2013 Author Report Posted May 17, 2013 Run the sundown and dont look back Sweet. Thank you very much.
Chris Hammer Posted May 17, 2013 Report Posted May 17, 2013 Yeah, mine are only on 55w, and IMO they get too loud for me. So I would use your sundown. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.