I Need Help With Cadillac Worries !?

How many miles on it. How does your heater work. just sitting running at idle does it warm up fast or slow. once warm how long does it take for the fans to bring temp back to nromal running temp.Is the radiator/ resivore full. I would check oil for water. You can have you cooling system pressure tested To see if it has leaks and if water pump works right.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

How many miles on it. How does your heater work. just sitting running at idle does it warm up fast or slow. once warm how long does it take for the fans to bring temp back to nromal running temp.Is the radiator/ resivore full. I would check oil for water. You can have you cooling system pressure tested To see if it has leaks and if water pump works right.

yes heater works

about 3-5 min. on warming up

not sure about the fan

radiator is full

Then it probably just the waterpump gasket. And personally I would just leave it. Cause about 100 thousand miles your water pump is going to need to be replaced. I had that car but a 95. It had shitty valve cover gasket so oil would slowly run down the motor. But that green stuff is coolant. If there is no water in your oil and it isn't smokeing.I would just leave it as long as it doesn't leak to bad. But if you fix the gasket you should replace the water pump while you are at it. the gaskets are like $15 and punp is like $60

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

If it was your head gasket the oil would be white and frothy...looks like the radiator hose just got disconnected and spreayed the shyt outta your wngine bay....as for the rev limiter, most of the bigger engins dont rev up past 6k my hoe limits at 5. I say get some super clean soake the shyt out your engin and cover the electrical/igniton and pressure wash it.THEN and ONLY then will you see if you got more fluids leakin.

Just my 2Cents

hope it helped

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

If it was your head gasket the oil would be white and frothy...looks like the radiator hose just got disconnected and spreayed the shyt outta your wngine bay....as for the rev limiter, most of the bigger engins dont rev up past 6k my hoe limits at 5. I say get some super clean soake the shyt out your engin and cover the electrical/igniton and pressure wash it.THEN and ONLY then will you see if you got more fluids leakin.

Just my 2Cents

hope it helped

so you think its the radiator hose ???

i'm not sure but it looked like it was maybe 1 inch deep.. like a washer except longer :blink:

Its not a radiator hose they are much bigger and you would be having other problems. It looks like some kind of vacuum hose or piece of your water pump gasket. Like a couple post above if you are not seeing smoke of anykind its prob a water pump leak. I dont know the mantainance invtervals for a caddy but its normally bout every 90,000 miles you want to change your water pump.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

timing.jpg

The Blue arrow is your timing marks.

The Yellow arrow is where a magnetic pick up probe goes to help techs set timing without having to look at the timing marks.

Its not going to hurt anything unless its loose.

Keep an eye on your coolant level. It could be a head gasket/Intake manifold/timing cover leak. Probably just a water pump gasket leak based off of your current pictures.

In your first picture, try to get a look at higher to the left to see how far up the green trail goes. 2nd picture it would be left of the green trail, behind that resivoir mount. See how high the trail goes. Leaks always go from highest to lowest.

Motor-Alldata shows water pump from caddy to be 225.00 and 2.1 hours labor. Those are old prices. Don't be suprised it a shop tells you 2.5 hours labor.

• 2 months later...