Putting a system in my garage and don't know where to start.

I am looking to put a sound system in my garage and I am pretty lost at where to start. My idea was to make some pods out of mdf and put a 6.5 and tweet in each one and mount them then maybe make a t-line for a 5.1 system but the problem I'm having is that I don't know what receiver to get.

I want 5.1 output with bluetooth but everything I look at is an a/v receiver and I don't need the video side of things. So where should I start looking for to get pretty much a home amp with 5.1 output and no video?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Go on partsexpress to look at drivers, check out the speaker buyout section for closeout stuff. Depending on how cheap you want to go you can get down to about 25-30$ a piece for some 2 way bookshelfs, I have a thread on some I built.

You can find tons of receivers on craigslist for good price, and as far as bluetooth goes you could get a belkin or other bluetooth dongle that is bluetooth to 3.5mm and use a 3.5mm to RCA to get the signal to your receiver.

Just giving you some idea if you want to stay budget.

Honestly you might not even want a sub if you build some ported towers, even my bookshelfs sealed get down into the 30's.

You could build some 3-way towers too, throw a ported 10" in the base, then 5" full range or dome midrange, and a tweeter up top and have some badass budget towers.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Honestly IMO the hardest part is building a correct crossover, I would go on the techtalk forum on parts express, chat with some people there, their knowledge blows me away lol. With a budget and goal for your speakers they can point you in the right direction, if you have already bought drivers they can help you with crossover building. They helped me with the crossovers for my first set. I still have no clue on crossover design but at least it sounds good lol.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I've gotten all my towers off craigslist for free, my uncle gave me his old denon receiver so I got lucky there. But if you look enough good deals pop up on cg from time to time

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Ok thanks guys, yeah I was planning on getting some of those $8 focal speakers from parts express and whatever tweets, probably silk dome, and thanks for the bluetooth dongle idea! That would work well and I might be able to find an old yamaha receiver to use with that and if I dont like it I can get a different receiver. But should I just keep looking through a/v receivers even tho I wont use the video part?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

yeah i rarely see ones that cant do video. Also remember that reveivers only have 5 amps (7 if you go 7.1) so you will need a seperate amp for a sub if you decide to get one. or build some bad ass towers. are you only looking at doing two speakers? or the full 5.1? if you only want to do a couple then maybe the bluetooth dongle and a power amp will be the better way to go. it will get you a crap load more power thats for sure

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I wanted to use the whole 5.1 to mount 4 sets around the garage since its a pretty big space, 30'x30'. And how big of pods should I make? I kinda wanted something I could wall mount since there's not a whole lot of room on the floor for towers

have a look at what your receiver does because mine, if i give it a RCA input, it artificially adds the surrounds. it doesnt send the same signal to all the speakers, it splits it up so it still sounds like its surround sound. if that makes sense, some you can turn it off i think, so I would check that

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Yeah I get what your saying like it tries to cut out lyrics from the rear speakers. Hopefully ill be able to find a decent unit. How much power do you think I'll need? Its not like I need it bangin loud but I was thinkin 150-250w sub and I dont know how much power for the mids

there are tons of plate amps around that do that kind of power for the sub. in terms of receivers, i think finding one that doesn't mess up the rears is more important. all the amps are in the same regeion as far as i can tell so i think the features are the point to look at. when you find some options post them up like normal and others can take a look aswel

Archived