Second Skin Audio

1998 civic first time waller, need some pointers.

Thats what i was thinking. One time build bc im set on 18s so i can just swap em out. And yea the OA thing was just what i ended up with on a trade. Im skeptical bc they only have a 2.5 in coil and cheap soft parts so i was worried my m3a might be two much. Where as the 4 15s would spread out the power more. But im really set on the 18s bc thats what i can fit. Il probably make the switch back to some heavier subs tho :) i just want to get my feet wet and do a wall bc ive always wanted too and hear what the 18s r like.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

You will be happy woth oa 18's in the beginning but honestly when i swapped to dd 35 18's omg night and day diff. the dd's hit so fucking har my nose and back start to feel uncomfortable.... build big man!! so that when you do upgrade you can support the new subs. my wall is 18ish cubes gross.. 15.5ish net.. i just had oa 18's then switched to dd 35's that are blown btw.. coil rub and the dd's are louder.. with oa;s yeah you can get loudh but if you are going to run cheap subs then do 4 15's... my wall is build for 4 15's but in all honesty i am happy with the dd 3518's. im thinking im doing a 148-150 easy and i am unsealed, non fiberglassed atm.. Wall builds tend tend to be a work in progress..

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

You will be happy woth oa 18's in the beginning but honestly when i swapped to dd 35 18's omg night and day diff. the dd's hit so fucking har my nose and back start to feel uncomfortable.... build big man!! so that when you do upgrade you can support the new subs. my wall is 18ish cubes gross.. 15.5ish net.. i just had oa 18's then switched to dd 35's that are blown btw.. coil rub and the dd's are louder.. with oa;s yeah you can get loudh but if you are going to run cheap subs then do 4 15's... my wall is build for 4 15's but in all honesty i am happy with the dd 3518's. im thinking im doing a 148-150 easy and i am unsealed, non fiberglassed atm.. Wall builds tend tend to be a work in progress..

Nice man. Yeah the o.a thing was just what i ended up with on a trade they were new. And 18s so gave me a reason to wall. Bc i have a civic and only way to do 18s is to wall. And i am aware that the 4 15 o.as would be alot louder. More coils and cone. But im not gunna waste money one that route. I will go with some heavier 18s in time

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Archived