Second Skin Audio

1998 civic first time waller, need some pointers.

Hey guys here soon i am going to attempt my first wall. I have built many "trunk walls" in the past but want to do the real deal. The plan is two 18" O.As on my DD M3a. My questions are for one the FS on these subs is 25hz... I like mine tuned in the 34-36 range will this be alright tuning? and on walls does the port area rule still apply ( 12-16ft per ft) or something in that range. im used to building for 12s so this will b alot different and will fiberglass resin be mandatory or should i be able to get by with simple bracing. I just want to know the no brainer basics to get a good start. any advice you guys have for me will be great!!

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

I can't tell you much about the tuning or port area that you are looking for, I think that still depends a lot on what your goals are (demo, or pure spl). However, I would think that with a box that size with those subs and that power, you would benefit from resin. I think every box benefits from resin personally. Pretty sure you will want to both resin AND brace that box.

A wall is an all out, balls deep kind of thing, and if you are going to do it, I wouldn't cut any corners at all. Best of luck, I hope you do a build log, sounds like it could be a pretty nice setup.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

32Hz is the limit on their recommendation, above that output will increase around the 40-50Hz range, those subs have low port requirements so below 14 sqin per cube will be more than enough even above rated power. A stiff box is something that you always want but these are no SP4s so likely no massive bracing will be necessary.

What do u mean the output will increase to 40-50hz? And i do plan on bracing some bc il probably put HDC3s in if i decide i dint like them. These are the smallest subs ive ran in awhile power wise.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Resin alone is not needed. Itbdoes nothing but seal small gaps. Resin and mat will add strength.

Your tuning is fine same port area rules apply. Its just a box in the end. Just far more involved. Plan ahead how you will seal it off.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm building my first wall now and i have to say it was the same as building a box just in much bigger pieces LoL. I did come to find out that a pocket jig works wonders for help with screwing your pieces together. It's not hard but the more time you put into building it the better its going to turn out and the more you will learn also.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

With the wall what kind of port placement works best for music and demos. Ive heard ppl say center on top and others say the middle.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Center or driver.. I like My driver port!! And i just had Oa 18's walled.. they were okay but i wasnt very happy with them. For some reason Oa subs didnt like massive port area. so id recommend 100-150sq in of port.. or do what i did and build a huge port then just make an insert to shrink it down to what is needed.

I have 270ish sq in of port and the oa 18's hated it. they got warm really fast. then i shrank the port and they seemed happy.

If i were you id rocommend doing 4 oa 15's if you are set on oa..

Otherwise wait and save for some bigger 18's .. its best imo to build it big in the first place so you dont have to rebuild 4 different walls untill you are happy.

6-8 sheets of mdf should be good.

lots of fiberglass resin and chop matt.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

Archived