Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

What is your expected xmech anyways? I thought I remembered you saying that you werent going for huge excursion

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

sweet man

I know this is all a learning experience

I am just throwing some considerations out there

I appreciate it very much, I'm glad people are saying stuff so that it might save me time and effort later.

And this is concerning you so it concerns me. I'm a little behind on how the steps will limit the spider throw? The outermost parts of the spider hardly move, so I don't see it being blocked really? I'm using a relatively short throw coil too, only about 2.1 inches.

What is your expected xmech anyways? I thought I remembered you saying that you werent going for huge excursion

Yeah, I mean it's hard to calculate, but because my coil length is only about 2.1" inches I don't think I want more than like 30mm xmax (1-way)

The thing about this is again, all in the physics aspect of it....if I want to get more excursion, I could use a larger surround but then my Sd will drop, and my over SPL would drop too, so with a larger cone area and a reduced xmax I'm hoping to make it more simple with this design............

Who knows, maybe I'll have to wind a longer coil..................

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

guys I need a no bullshit assessment, could those leads really handle 3500W rms? I mean, they look good but they're only 2.05mm diameter leads bro, even PSI doesn't say it can handle 3500W until you buy their triple lead pack, as in 3 leads per wire, or 6 leads to one coil..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140874699684?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I want to avoid having to do the entire lead thing from scratch if possible....................

can someone also explain the best way to solder the tiny voice coil wires to a pack of 3 tinsel leads lol

It seems like it would be a cluster-F in my mind.............

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Here is what is concerning me

The spider landing, you see all those stages? those will restrict your subs peak to peak, you have serious motor force, those steps down will restrict your spiders throw capabilities.

Is it too late to get a DD basket with the 10+ inch spider landing?

every 18" basket i have every seen has been like that

GuEMAcB.png

guys I need a no bullshit assessment, could those leads really handle 3500W rms? I mean, they look good but they're only 2.05mm diameter leads bro, even PSI doesn't say it can handle 3500W until you buy their triple lead pack, as in 3 leads per wire, or 6 leads to one coil..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140874699684?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I want to avoid having to do the entire lead thing from scratch if possible....................

can someone also explain the best way to solder the tiny voice coil wires to a pack of 3 tinsel leads lol

It seems like it would be a cluster-F in my mind.............

I think i'd worry about the coil before the leads, the coil itself is always smaller wire

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

guys I don't know why it isn't posting my other post?!?! I'm trying tp update with pictures but it won't post. It just sits saying "saving posts" but nothing happens.............

I missed Alan.

Archived