Air Space after Fiberglass

Maybe a simple question and one that may has been asked before. I am planning on a new system build and was thinking about covering the inside of the sub box with fiberglass. I have only worked with FC once before and it was years ago. Long story short tried to do something above my level. Just wondering after the resin and glass how much airspace would I plan on losing? I understand there are many variables in this but just kind of looking for a general estimate. If I know what the thickness of everything was I could easily figure it out. More or less I guess I need to know how much bigger the box needs to be when glassing it. 1/8? give or take? Thanks.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Multiply your total cubic feet after displacement by .125 for a 1/8 thick glass or .0625 for 1/16 thick or .25 for 1/4 thick. bottom line is that you will loose soo little of the cf that it will not make an impact on the total CF. If you still want to compensate for the glass take you CF and transfer it to Cubic inches, multiply it by the sample above and add that amout to you total measuments. Example: 1 Cubic foot = 12 cubic inches or 12 x 12 x 12 or 1728. 1728 x .125 - 216 cubed or 6 extra inches

Archived