Well not very good news today when I came home for lunch...All that work may have been for nothing on the rear pillar. I had already trimmed it and was getting ready to glass it and came home to this.

2013-06-12_12-18-26_755_zps80c24cec.jpg

my truck is currently taking up the whole three car garage at my parents and I guess my dad either stepped on it or he picked it up wrong but I came into the garage and saw it folded in half...sigh. Partially my fault for not placing this in a more safe spot but...well...this is just one of those things where the deed is done and I need to find a solution. Do I ditch the whole idea and just modify the original plastics which is just as much work. Or do I stick with it and try to mend or modify this broken piece. I ordered 2 quarts of SMD sun flash and that may be what saves this. It will be here tomorrow and I was planning on wrapping this in fleece, but what I may and up doing is cutting this into 3 sections which is what I was going to originally do since is covers up the magnetic face plates and would be blocking them from being easily removable but this is going to be another setback so don't expect too many updates for the next week. Plus I have a buddy coming in from out of town this weekend who I haven't seen in a looong time with his newly purchased 06' GTO that wants to install his 12" MTX 9500 and amp so that will eat up my weekend. Man this sucks but figured I'd let yeah know the situation..will update when I have better news.

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Think I got it figured out how I'm going to save that pieces, luckily it broke in a decent spot so we'll see. Decided to work on the speaker rings going up there, good ol' japser jig ftw, made it nice and flush.

2013-06-12_18-51-20_681_zpsf587727b.jpg

2013-06-12_19-18-40_954_zpse610f1d0.jpg

Also decided to use up the last of my 3M fiberglass resin on the trim so I wraped them in fleece and layed it on...came out ok unlike the pictures, tomorrow Ill sand them and get the ring tacked where I want it and wrap it again then try out the new SMD sunflash stuff.

2013-06-12_19-17-43_590_zpsb5c8603b.jpg

So I told speedy last night I was going to need some help glassing some stuff, he was like Hell yeah! Got home and he was ready to put in some work!

2013-06-13_18-07-52_46_zps44037429.jpg

I was supposed to get my smd sunflash today but fedex changed the delivery date to tomorrow....it was hard to break this to speedy...he didn't take it so well:(

2013-06-13_18-09-51_759_zps08905053.jpg

He was so mad he started eating my brush! and I had to take it away from him which pissed him off even more! He just sucked in his legs and head, I think I heard him cry? Not's sure

2013-06-13_18-11-38_102_zpsc10964da.jpg

Then I explained that it will be here tomorrow and we can do some glassing after I get off work...He finally poked his head back out and I assume he's ok with that, I gave him a strawberry to make him feel better!

2013-06-13_18-13-15_429_zpsb948913e.jpg

Archived