x91evo Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 So I am not usually one to go with something cheap.But I have come across these Pyle mid/highs.I need something 5 1/4", and these handle 300 rms per pair.Seeing they are going into a Jeep that might get alot of mud/water near the speakers, I dont really want to spend a bunch of money on something that will potentially be damaged.I considered marine speakers but these Pyle speakers are not bad for a $40 component setup in my eyes. Anyone have experience with Pyle?
black05alti Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 my buddy had a pair.. they would get pretty loud, but sound like shit while doing it imo..
BobbyG2 Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 Not interested in glassing the pillars? I've had 4x Pyle 6x8s, but they sounded terrible lol. Way too peaky for my metal, ears would be sore after a half hour. Got decently loud before obvious distortion butnot lloud enough to hear over two oa15s on an sa sae1200. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
BobbyG2 Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 Would water get on the come? They make foam enclosures meant to protect the rear of the speaker. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
Chris Hammer Posted May 29, 2013 Report Posted May 29, 2013 Why not mount the speakers high up on the cage? Pyle stuff is not if all, mostly crap imho. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
x91evo Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 Not interested in glassing the pillars? I've had 4x Pyle 6x8s, but they sounded terrible lol. Way too peaky for my metal, ears would be sore after a half hour. Got decently loud before obvious distortion butnot lloud enough to hear over two oa15s on an sa sae1200. Well I got these stupid kick pannel pieces that I bought a while ago. And now I am forcing myself to use them lol. Why not mount the speakers high up on the cage? Pyle stuff is not if all, mostly crap imho. Well this is discouraging. Glad I read this first though lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.