If you anticipate leaving it in your car, make sure you get an all steel gun. A Glock or some other plastic gun would just melt into a glob of twisted plastic.

Come on man, I'd figure with a name like glockman you be telling is stories about how there have been torture tests done at volcanos and the ash, lava and rocks subjected to the pistol caused no stoppages.

No offense man but a comment like that is just ridiculous.

What frequency and how many db's is a cook off?

I looked it up 400-420 degrees is the melting point of a glock. Let me know when your car gets that hot.

if my car ever gets that hot I'm selling it to Ripley's lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

If you anticipate leaving it in your car, make sure you get an all steel gun. A Glock or some other plastic gun would just melt into a glob of twisted plastic.

Come on man, I'd figure with a name like glockman you be telling is stories about how there have been torture tests done at volcanos and the ash, lava and rocks subjected to the pistol caused no stoppages.

No offense man but a comment like that is just ridiculous.

What frequency and how many db's is a cook off?

Sorry, guess i forgot the lol at the end. The melting glock was a 'urban legend' police officers passed around when their departments were considering replacing their steel s&w's and beretta's with something 'plastic'. That originally created a lot of skepticism about the glocks since they were something new, and didn't have any kind of reputation yet.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

• 1 month later...

I ride with my pistol in my console. I don't have a CHL yet. I have been pulled over many times and I tell them about it first, and I have had zero problems. I carry my AR-15 in its case loaded sometimes also and have gotten pulled over. Again, zero problems. The heat from inside your vehicle will not hurt the weapon or ammo. Think about how hot they get when you fire them.

Archived