I know a little about guns but mostly about shooting them and most of that is from military and I've never actually owned one of my own (yet) and I was just wondering with how hot it can get sometimes in a car in the summer is it a problem keeping something like a gun in a car?

Part of me says unless the car catches on fire its no problem heat alone wouldn't set a bullet off but I also seem to remember hearing from someone that bullets should be kept at room temperature when stored so that kinda has me wondering if excessive heat actually could cause them to go off... our maybe other problems like making it jam from the heat and things expanding ? Idk every time I think about it my brain starts playing devil's advocate and coming up with very valid sounding reasons on both sides so I just wanted to clear it up

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

THey will not go off, should work fine in a firearm if loaded into one while the ammo is still hot. Biggest thing is the deep the ammo in a DRY area, and NEVER EVER store ammo in the same case/cannister as lubricants and cleaning supplies. That is something that will mess up ammo.

I take my pistol everywhere i go , and have to leave it in the truck sometimes, 4 to 8 hours at a time, and have never had an issue. rounds are .40 cal hornady custom 155grain xtp

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Ok cool good to know thanks for the input :good:

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Although I wouldn't recommend touching your sidearm to bare skin after it being in a hot vehicle lol. I wasn't thinking one day lol. Gave me a little burn, just enough to see the slide shape lol.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

i wouldn't keep my gun in a car.. reason being if the car gets broken into or stolen and it will bring lots of problems to you.

its common sense. always keep your gun with you at all times

Uummmmm...... Its 130-140 in Iraq at times. 7.62, .556, and .50 cal ammo in that sun for 12-14 hours at a time. I think you'll be alright.

x3.....no issues. just a hot weapon.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Archived