AZaudio Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 Going to have one 15" DC Neo on one DD M3a (till I strap it with two). If anyone could come up with a box design for this beast it would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss on what I want out of it. I do want to put up decent spl numbers and want something different than my last setup of one DD 9512 in 3.0cu @ 32hz. Any suggestions also welcome. 29" Length X 40" Width X 29" Height is the space I have to work with. If I keep the height below 13", I will be in a lower mecca class which would be a plus if possible. Big thanks to Joe who helped design my last box! [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
CleanSierra Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 Get CJ out Chode to give you an idea on what airspace to feed it. Where are you located? I'm here in AZ as well and would bee happy to help with it. You've got plenty of space to work with, so that's not a problem. Meca is fused and cone area class. I believe they are picky about what and where window line is measured. I've seen a bump in class for the surround of the sub going above window line, even though the box was below it. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
AZaudio Posted June 3, 2013 Author Report Posted June 3, 2013 Yeah I was bumped for box being 3/4" above the back seat, plus I was over-fused with 200amps for my aq2200. Jeremy smithers had four these in 3-3.5cu each. I'm located in Apache Junction east of phoenix and mesa [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
CleanSierra Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 CJ says 2.75-3 .75 depending on the power you plan on putting to it. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
AZaudio Posted June 3, 2013 Author Report Posted June 3, 2013 I'll be pumping out atleast 3000wrms with my current setup for a while, so ill build box according to that. I have no idea when ill be doubling that [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
CJ18 Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 If you have a true 3k clamped power, then I would be in the 3.25ft3 range per sub. Remember there is a difference in what your amps ratings say and what you are actually getting after voltage drop and impedance rise are in effect.
CleanSierra Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 Well a double baffle is absolute, and I'd threaded rod the box for bracing with big diameter rod. I wouldn't feed anymore than 3.5 cubes net to the single with that kind of power. The Neo does handle quite a bit though. I'd still want some cone control, so I'd probably aim at 3.25-3.5 if it were mine Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
AZaudio Posted June 3, 2013 Author Report Posted June 3, 2013 Well It looks like I'll be going somewhere close to 3.25ftcu.Thanks for pointing that out CJ, I was just below 3k, but was wired to 0.7ohms instead of 1ohm. [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
CJ18 Posted June 3, 2013 Report Posted June 3, 2013 I ahve not personally gotten to play with my neo yet to find out what its limits really are, so I am speaking based on the experiences of others I have talked to that have used them as well as my experience with the parts that are used to build the neo. The Neo uses the same coil and parts as the XL. In a best case scenario, the XL can handle 3000-3500w of power in a daily application. After this, the coil starts to got hot and you get that infamous stink. Now the neo is a totally different motor with just about all of the cooling that you could ask for. With this, 3500-maybe 5kw daily would be the max that I would push to the sub. Burps would be a totally different story though. Just keep feeding it power until it breaks or you quit getting louder.
AZaudio Posted June 3, 2013 Author Report Posted June 3, 2013 This had one DC 9k on it before being reconed with a composite cone if that helps. [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.