thought this would be interesting

so about 2 weeks ago i had a little anti-freeze leaking out of an intake hose fitting. gm has something called a "gm quick disconect" well while trying to remove it ...... it snapped in half. i was left with one part of it in my hand and one part in the intake. i had to go out of town the following weekend and didnt know what i was going to do. anyways after a few beers and pondering i figured it out. i cut a hack saw blade down and begain cutting the stuck part out in pieces. i used my shop vac to suck out the pieces that fell into the intake and after about 10 radiator flushes i got all of the stuff out.....here are some pictures

IMG_20130517_192255_075.jpg

IMG_20130517_192246_969.jpg

IMG_20130517_183249_427.jpg

IMG_20130517_183243_865.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

GM was bad for those white metal quick connects. And basically all you can do is exactly what you did. Sometimes you could chisel it out... But either way you do it, it's a pain!

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

Welcome to GM using that shitty dextron coolant. That new stuff is so corrosive its unreal and thats why the connector snapped off. It corrodes when coming into contact with the coolant. My dad has the same setup with his '97 tahoe and we used our neighbors easy-outs to get it removed. And of course we reinstalled everything and just last week that stupid plastic retainer is broken :jon::jon: Sometimes I would love to just beat engineers over the back of the head for the ideas they come up with.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh it was definitely a pain. The new one I installed doesn't use the "quick disconnect" . What I did was cut the disconnect part off of the hose and used a hose clamp to connect it to the new unit. All the new one is is like a inlet for a hose to attach

Archived