So, i am looking to hae a decent amount of money here soon. was thinking of doing new setup for my ranger, which would be the following:

2x DC lvl 4 12's

DC 3.5K

3SIXTY.3

mechman 270 amp alt

fosgate pps4-8 pair for the doors

fosgate punch p300x2 for the pps4-8's

new secondary battery (xs power?)

DD-1 and CC-1

VM-1

damplifier pro bulk pack

plus all the misc that goes with an install.

but then, i realized for the same money or close to, i could get a repaint done on the truck, or do a V8 5.0 swap with 6-speed.

so, damn, I'm not sure what to do now. grumble grumble grumble

i'm happy with my system as it sits, i've just got that itch to do a new setup, really want to have true mid-bass drivers, and want to try to stiffen up my back wall, tired as hell of it fappin behind me all the time, but to do that I would need new boxes, and if im gonna do that, might as well upgrade.

ohh, currently have a pair of fosgate T-1's powered by an old audiobahn amp(still works great even though its about 6 years old), alpine pdx amp powering my hertz 165's, kenwood kdc-x995.

Where does Burpleranger come from? My ranger is a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge, Sonic "Blue"

In a certain light it looks purple, but then it also looks blue. lol

Everyone's system is "the best" in "their own mind" (this includes me, even though i "know" its not)

Do the motor and engine work first. If you like how your shit sounds now, don't change it. Get the motor done then start upgrading for more power.

Gotta ask, you going to try a new 5.0 coyote in a ranger? or an old 5.0 302 motor.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

not sure, the coyote looks pretty sweet, but the good ole tried and true is nice as well....will really depend on how much i can scrape together. lookin to have an easy 4k available either way.

Where does Burpleranger come from? My ranger is a 2004 Ford Ranger Edge, Sonic "Blue"

Everyone's system is "the best" in "their own mind" (this includes me, even though i "know" its not)

lol was just thinkin bout maybee just redoin my sub box, and, hmmm looks interesting. but time will tell

It depends what you'll be more happy with. You have more than decent equipment now, but what you're planning is a big step up. I'm more into having a bad ass system than performance mods. Depending on how your current paint job is looking right now I'd do either paint or system first. Just my .02

Or you could just re do your sub box, then have money left over to put towards one of the other 2

yeah, the paint is in dire need, have some serious fade on my drivers door (had to be repainted after a wreck a few years back) and rock chips galore thanks them using said rock chips in northern Idaho instead of sand or deicer in the winter. :angry22: and the inconsiderate college kids with there door dinginess.

Dad and I did a 5.0 Ranger years ago with an EFI from a Mustang. We mated a 5 speed and it was a fun little truck . I had the opportunity to use my sister's Splash and do the same thing, I kick myself in the ass for passing that one up :(

Do the engine swap, be prepared to put some work in though. Anymore there are companies doing conversation kits I believe. Relocating core support and stuff still has to be done though, it was fun. Let us know what you plan. No substitute for pulling gears in a little truck though, very awesome.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived