Second Skin Audio

Box rise trusty enough for 0.7 Ohms?

Yates

then you aren't at .7

you are at .5 or 2

plus what Hugh said.

the 2 ohms is what the specs say 0.7 ohms is what I measured

don't go by what you measured. you have 2 ohm voice coils, your options are .5 and 2 (and 8 I suppose if you wanted it)

wiring it and measuring it with an accurate dmm is the best way. that way you know what you have for sure, since wiring and connections and what not all effect electrical resistance, or as common folks call it, impedance.
Measuring with a dmm with give you what the DC impedance load is. That is not the same a the nominal impedance of what the speaker is tho. It'll be somewhat close but it is not the actual impedance. Go buy what the speaker says on it for it's impedance. With the equipment you have (and don't have yet needed for a stable voltage supply, unless your alternator puts out a good 150 amps already) I wouldn't run it below 1 ohm. Just my 2 cents

Measuring DC gives you resistance, not impedance. Impedance is in an AC circuit.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Thanks for correcting that Mr Skippy. After being up for 32 hours straight and posting that I was a little bit tired at the time. Lol. I'd like to see somebody try to find the impedance using a dmm on a component set running thru a passive crossover and see what they come up with. Lol

Archived