Midbass Question for the SQ people.

sean 371

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 1 year later...

Not to be a dick, but I know I had a great point, hence why I posted it.. umm but alot of people overlook basics.

As far as overlap, now that in itsself is debatable.. I like overlap to the point of the f3, some dont agree, but thats audio I guess..

And for quartz, well some say focal sounds harsh. I dont know why they confuse accurate with harshness, but once again a totally diff. story.

Not that I think quartz is crap but I would not buy it.

Now the funny part is I have a set of quartz 6 1/2 in my car right now.. Got them for free and didnt have anything else.. I starting to think i was better off with no music at all.. No warmth at all, about as hollow as a pioneer tsa. series driver. haha

and those that question it I have a ref. line dls amp pushing them. 230rms to each side. So its not my power. Allthough they do sound better than the entry level dls 6 1/2's i put in there.

HMMM, Also not to be a dick. I wouldn't say harsh as much as I would say... BRIGHT!! I used to run a set of refrence MBs, then moved up to the QSC line. Much nicer, but had to atenuate the hell out of the tweet. I love em, and after installing a lot of other brands, ( former installer) and listening to other vehicles, ( former competitor), I still love the MBs. Plus, you can tune a system to sound how you want it, ALMOST reguardless of the speaker... ALMOST. As far as overlap, Ray is 100% right it is debatable, and I also like a little. As for 10s as a mid, thats very, um adventurus, hope it works out, good luck.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived