Sonic Electronix

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...Look at page 1...first post. I started this so there's my last score to compare this one too. This one is a personal best. It did hit [glow=red,2,300]140.2db[/glow] , but for some reason the TL didn't hold it, even though it was set on peak hold. I have no idea where this came from since I haven't adjusted my box at all and I didn't put any more power to the sub. I had the exact same settings as I did last time.

I was playing Burn Rubber by Too Short at about :45 secs into the song with the gain all the way down, the bass boost on the amp set at 0, the bass on the HU set at -8, and the sub control on the HU set at -4. Somewhere out there I gained a 1.6db average, if you go by the page I posted, and a 2.4db average gain if you believe me about the 140.2db that didn't hold on the computer(I'm still extremely pissed off about that too). One thing that I really don't understand is why the first time I got it metered, it peaked at 143db at 34hz and this time it peaked at 143db at 37hz.....Anyone got an answer for that?? I'm lost and so were all the guys at the shop. The ONLY thing I did different to ANYTHING on this run was cut the carpet that overlapped into the port. After turning up my gain and bass boost, it went back down to peaking at 34hz.

Once again, I know I'm not the loudest, but I'm happy with this score. Know anyone else with ONE 12 and less than 600w RMS in a truck that is this loud???

EDIT: Besides TommyK90, lol.

Posted Image

LoL.....James is my boy. We were talking on yahoo earlier when he posted that. He wanted to leave it just to see if someone would say anything about it...LoL. But seriously....I'm not happy with that one. I want more....I feel like bass is a deadly drug and I'm addicted, LMAO.

I forgot to turn my gain back down after I left the shop and almost locked up my sub on the way to work tonight...ewww. I could hear it bottoming out and it was only about halfway up on the volume. I gotta remember to fix that before I have no bass for a few weeks.  I like Cheetos.

Yeah...the first time I metered it I hit 143 at 34hz.....this morning I hit 143 at 37hz. I didn't change anything cept cutting the excess carpet from around the port. After I turned up the bass boost and gain on the amp I didn't do as well for some reason. The 139.4 was steady with the song I was playing so it recorded, the 140.2 didn't hold for some reason.

Yeah...the first time I metered it I hit 143 at 34hz.....this morning I hit 143 at 37hz. I didn't change anything cept cutting the excess carpet from around the port. After I turned up the bass boost and gain on the amp I didn't do as well for some reason. The 139.4 was steady with the song I was playing so it recorded, the 140.2 didn't hold for some reason.

Ah so the 143 score was playing a test tone and the 140 was on music?

The 143 was a 130hz-30hz sweep that peaked at 37(today). And the 140.2 was music.... Burn Rubber- Too Short.  I asked if they had Hypnotize, but none of the 5 employees there had it....I can't find it anywhere. I should just go buy the damn cd, huh??

Archived