Sundown Audio

Skar 800.1 question

Kenny Clark

I have 2-15" Skar IVXs on a Skar 800.1. Wired at 2 ohms. I have it wired so only one set of speaker wires come off the amp to the box then the subs are wired together in the box. Saw a vid today of a guy with the same setup but he was running each sub off its own channel. Should I be doing this? This is prob a stupid question to all of you but I don't know. If so could you explain the diff so that I know.

Thanks guys.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Yup...told u it was a stupid question. I'm just gonna go back to sanding bondo now. Lol. Have a good night.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

A longer run with small wire might lose some watts nothing major though. Some people are just anal about that shit.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived