get_us Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 First post so don't rape me guys! I have 2 set's of Rockford Fosgate T2652-S Component's And I'm ready to buy amps for them.... I have been watching Steve's YouTube videos of his son's Civic and his friends 72 Chevelle... I noticed that they are running a T400.4 for all 4 of the mid bass and either a T200 or T400.2 for the tweets... (They both have 2 sets of T Components like me) I like the idea of having my highs on a separate amp then my mids so my question is should i order a T400.4 to run all 4 mid bass (2 per side) and a T400.2 to run the highs? I want it to be all Fosgate so if you feel I need a diff set of amps can you please give me RF amp numbers... I want to run all Power series. and if so Would I want to wire the mids to 2 ohms to get more power out of the amp or would i just run 1 mid per channel? Im ready to order in the next day or so so any help would be appreciated... P.S. I plan on running a 3sixty.3 with then system too. If that helps any.....
bcbrassard Posted June 9, 2013 Report Posted June 9, 2013 Cool if you have the budget do what SMD did. Check out my all RF Power build. Turned out good, still fine tuning everything from the 80PRS on active NW mode to all speakers. I learned a tone from these forums. I ran 12 gauge RF speaker wire to mids and 16 gauge to tweeters. All I can say is deaden the shit out of your ride for great results from speakers if your going for SQ.
get_us Posted June 9, 2013 Author Report Posted June 9, 2013 Cool if you have the budget do what SMD did. Check out my all RF Power build. Turned out good, still fine tuning everything from the 80PRS on active NW mode to all speakers. I learned a tone from these forums. I ran 12 gauge RF speaker wire to mids and 16 gauge to tweeters. All I can say is deaden the shit out of your ride for great results from speakers if your going for SQ. Hey thanks for the reply.... My T2 components handle 100 watts RMS and the T400.4 can do 100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm So do I need to wire my 6.5 mid base to 2 Ohm per side and only use 2 channels of the amp? or would i just wire each 6.5 to each of the 4 channels? 60 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm I dont need to copy what SMD did just want to understand why he chose those amp to run and how he wired them... I want the best fit for my T2's
bcbrassard Posted June 9, 2013 Report Posted June 9, 2013 My birthsheet for my T400-4 was 75 RMS per channel, I have the tweeter on ch 1&2. The mids on ch 3&4. I am running active with no RF crossovers, I split the signal at the HU to run 2 T400-4 amp. I would do it different next time. More the way SMD did his but mine works fine as is.
get_us Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 So how about this.... A T600.4 for all four mids (should be about 120 watts RMS per channel) and a T400.4 for the four tweeters (should be around 75 watts per channel) going off Birth sheets that i have seen for these amps.... The mids can handle 100 watts RMS and the tweets 75 RMS so i think this should be a good fit.... Yes?
smashedz28 Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 I put my set of t2 components with a t400. Wired at 4 ohm with the supplied passive crossover and they get loud as shit. Don't worry about the numbers so much. That amp is plenty for those speakers Edit: only using 2 of the 4 channels un bridged
get_us Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 I put my set of t2 components with a t400. Wired at 4 ohm with the supplied passive crossover and they get loud as shit. Don't worry about the numbers so much. That amp is plenty for those speakers Edit: only using 2 of the 4 channels un bridged I am gonna have 2 sets of T2's in my front doors.... your saying that a T400 is enough for all 8 speakers?
smashedz28 Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 Possibly. I'm running one set only using 2 of the 4 channels. I don't use rears. They will get loud enough to make your ears ring.
smashedz28 Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 Kinda lazy to re read but if you own just one 400.4 try it. If its not what u want buy another
get_us Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 Well that's just the thing.... I don't want to buy try and re buy.... I want to plan and buy once. That's my goal... I want the best for 2 sets weather thats 1 amp for the mids and 1 for the highs... or a single 4 channel amp.... Trying to figure out from others what works the best...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.