Massey Barbour Posted June 19, 2013 Author Report Posted June 19, 2013 Step dad wants to build a box with me but want a design that is 5 cubic feet with a port(s) diameter no bigger than 4inches can someone please design
Massey Barbour Posted June 20, 2013 Author Report Posted June 20, 2013 Can u maybe design one using 1 or 2 6 inch flared aero ports that I can buy online tuned to 38 or 36 whichever is better for rap and dubstep
Joe X Posted June 20, 2013 Report Posted June 20, 2013 You can get the 4s online here: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=268-352
Massey Barbour Posted June 20, 2013 Author Report Posted June 20, 2013 What I'm asking is will the 4's be fine in place of the 8
Joe X Posted June 20, 2013 Report Posted June 20, 2013 4 4" will have equivalent port area than the single 8" is just that it becomes expensive, the following is the same subs up port back just 4 4s: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 36 HzVb = 4.9 ft^3External Height = 18 inExternal Width = 30 inExternal Depth = 24 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 30 x 24Left & Right Sides = 22 1/2 x 15 3/4Front & Back = 30 x 15 3/4Port Quantity and Dimensions:Number of Ports = 4Pipe Port Diameter = 4Pipe Port Length = 18 1/2 EDIT: this would need to be implemented with standard PVC pipe since the PSPs are only 17" long.
Mjbuley Posted June 20, 2013 Report Posted June 20, 2013 I am having trouble trying to find box deminsions for my Fi SSD 15. I am going to be putting it in the trunk of my 2002 Honda accord. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. it says I need around 3 or 4 cubic feet of space. im planning to make this a slot ported box. as far as fitting in the trunk the biggest size I can have is: Length (front to back) 20in Width (left to right) 30In Height (top to Bottom) 15.5in. I am also using 3/4in MDF. Any assistance to helping me find proper demensions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!
bass juggernaut Posted June 21, 2013 Report Posted June 21, 2013 "ported not vented" there's a difference
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.