Having Chevelle Problems, Getting pissed off. Gear-Heads please help!

Alright so I did the oil change today, and it's running the same. It still jerks around and it still almost dies out under braking.

But I think I might have confirmed it's the carb, not a vacuum?? I made 2 u-turns today, and I was not pressing the brakes, and the car completely died out on the first turn, and almost die on the second one. I figured that meant it was the carb, but could it still be a vacuum problem? Most the people who have the problem said it's the floats that need adjusting because gas is sloshing around when you turn or brake and that's what kills the engine. I'll probably have this shop take a look tomorrow though.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Alright so I did the oil change today, and it's running the same. It still jerks around and it still almost dies out under braking.

But I think I might have confirmed it's the carb, not a vacuum?? I made 2 u-turns today, and I was not pressing the brakes, and the car completely died out on the first turn, and almost die on the second one. I figured that meant it was the carb, but could it still be a vacuum problem? Most the people who have the problem said it's the floats that need adjusting because gas is sloshing around when you turn or brake and that's what kills the engine. I'll probably have this shop take a look tomorrow though.

Ok, im not sure I can help you or not, but with my k5 blazer, when I would hit a turn It would die out, It ended up being my Fuel pump. Check your fuel lines, change your filters etc.. if its not the problem its cheap regular maintenance anyway..

other thing is, You said you had your fuel tank built? Did you get a Baffle put in it ?.

spray around your vacuum lines with carb cleaner, and see if the RPMS. change..

Ok, im not sure I can help you or not, but with my k5 blazer, when I would hit a turn It would die out, It ended up being my Fuel pump. Check your fuel lines, change your filters etc.. if its not the problem its cheap regular maintenance anyway..

other thing is, You said you had your fuel tank built? Did you get a Baffle put in it ?.

spray around your vacuum lines with carb cleaner, and see if the RPMS. change..

I doubt it's baffled it seems way to slim, it was stock, but just freshly built from modern materials. And I had the fuel pump and guage replaced less than 2 years ago, and it literally just happened randomly after the one time I started it up........

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

could also be the idle speed tuning on the carb I had a problem where it would idle up then when sitting it would idle so low it would die. you could also try advancing the timing to give yourself more engine vacuum? how big is your cam? if you've got some steep lobes you might be creating low vacuum to start with and when you brake its pulling the vacuum away from the carb which it needs to pull the fuel through the carb. is your distributor a vacuum advance. just trying to think of anything that uses vacuum

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 1 month later...

it`s probably the brake booster check the hose or plug it close to the manifold and try again but remember the brakes gonna be hard as hell

it`s probably the brake booster check the hose or plug it close to the manifold and try again but remember the brakes gonna be hard as hell

It wasn't any vacuum it ended up being the carb like I thought.

It was all blocked and plugged with debris, from the gas tank. Somehow it all got through the fuel filter and all the way into the carb and just blocked everything....

so it runs fine now.

I missed Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

i was going to say something fuel related as well, at the old shop I worked at we had an old ass camino come in with the same problem. fuel system was checked first. fuel tank and lines good, carb was full of shit though. cleaned it out and it ran like a top.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

• 1 month later...

The carb is three seperate fuel sys . Idle , part throttle and wide open throttle . It sounds to me as if you are idling on the part throttle circuit . No matter what anybody tells you trimming must be set before any carb adjustments can be made to work well. Go to the speedo motive website and read engine building 101. Goto pro systems carbs site and read about carbs and how to set them up . Your idle speed should be set by the rear butterflies. The front butterflies should only uncover about .020 of the transition slots located at the base of the carb . Off still need more idle air get it through the back barrels either by adjusting the screw from under or drilling small holes in the back blades and gradually increasing the size until desired IDE speed is achieved . Use a vac gauge and try to adjust for highest engine vac at idle but not through the front barrels.

Sorry bro, everything has been solved, my cut-off problem was a clogged up carb, and the rough ride / lugging was due to the fact that I have a mismatched timing plate and cover, they aligned them as close as possible though, so it doesn't do it anymore.

I missed Alan.

Archived