Second Skin Audio

Merican' Bass XFL

mattie

So it seems these guys can take some power and all I keep seeing is they can take more than rated. So here's the stupid question...is that max rated, for over 2000 watts or is 2k still the most?

I read the XFL's are suppose to be fairly clean but what about the HD 12's? I'm just looking for a decent kick with my country music and then be able to get jiggy with it when I want to.

I'm going for a single 12 that can handle my 1k amp but was looking into possibly strapping another amp and going with an HD 12.

Im going XFL for sure but that HD is looking like fun. Thanks guys.

I just picked up a 15 XFL it will probably be another week until it's playing but it looks amazing. The price was definitely right.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Anybody ever run subs in a ragtop samurai?

I know sub up with port back or so is the norm for most suv type boxes but I find with my little 10" in a prefab that sub and port forward is good so I'm sticking to that until other wise.

Ill be getting the XFL in a couple days and need to design a box design. Anyone know the volume displacement of and XFL? I don't understand all the numbers on the website so I don't know if they gave the displacement there.

Trying to understand that torres calculator to build a slot port box, but box building is not really my area as I've only built sealed boxes before. Thanks for any help.

Archived