Second Skin Audio

can i use both cahnnels on my amp for one sub?

No I was just explaing that your two sets of terminals are not two different channels they are connected inside the amp making it one channel. No reason to buy a new amp your not gonna get that sub any lower than 2ohms.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Couple diagrams to help explain

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/1DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/1-DVC-4-ohm-2-ch-low-imp.jpg

Notice how in the 2 channel diagram the amp is wired to the + from one channel and the - of the other channel that is what I meant by bridging a 2 channel.

On your mono amp you could wire as shown in the diagram or run all four wires to your amp either way you still end up at the same 2 ohm load

If you wanted more power your best bet would be to buy a better mono amp not switch to a 2 channel.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I think you should buy the sub first then worry about powering it.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Archived