Sundown Audio

Which Rockford Amp For SA-8 V2

B-Large

New to the forum and need help choosing an amp for my Sa-8 v2. Probably a classic mistake but i bought the sub before I had everything figured out. I have the Dual two ohm model and am still working on box design. I have had a punch 100x2 for like 15 years that was used when i bought it and still works so I am leaning toward Rockford amps but could be open to other options as well. I know the recommended rms is 500 but am understanding that may be a little under rated :ughdunno:. Right now I'm trying to decide between the Rockford power T500 ( @ 1 ohm) and T1000 (@ 4ohms)

Pros for me:

500 is cheaper

1000 is capable of future upgrades such as adding a second sub

Any opinions on RMS wattage or wiring configuration would be great.

I have one dual two ohm sub so 2 ohms isn't an option. Supposedly the Power is the same @ 1 or 2 ohms but wouldn't 1000 rms be a little high? The T-1000 is rated 700rms @ 4ohms which i was thinking might be reasonable.

wiring at 4 ohms you will get less power off the amp with impedance rise

you can wire at 1 ohm and set gains properly. you can use an oscope or DD-1..

impedance changes with freq and you really shouldn't place all beats on rise saving your sub when overpowering. stick with 4ohm on the t1000.1bdcp then get a second sub and wire down to 2ohm. you will get roughly 700watts to the 1 8 then roughly 1000-1200watts to the 2 after upgrading. play it safe and stick with 4ohms your new to this. if you end up over heating the sub then you will just have to buy more wasting money that could go toward mids and highs or better electrical upgrades.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

you never need justification to buy a bigger amp.

when i need a bigger amp and gotta explain to the wife why im spending more money i tell her well if you want me to win then i need the bigger amp, you dont want me to be a loser do you? lmao

go big or go home.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived