Second Skin Audio

New to box making.. Need help building first box

Dont know anything about building a box.. LOL but i would like help building a new box for my woofer. i have tried looking at the RE box calculator as well as the Torres one. they all seem so confusing. i dont know when u would need to point your sub up and have the port down?? any help would be greatly apreciated.

Oh and the sub is a P1 15 inch Fosgate 8 ohm woofer.

and i have a prime 500.1 amp

sealed box. 1/0 gauge from the alternator to a stinger spv35 battery then 4 gauge fosgate wire to the amp.

Oh and the box will be put in a rsx hatch back so i have room to work with

Well since no one wants to help me.... here we go

bought new woofers.

Fosgate t0d212 x2

New amplifier.

PPI 2000.1

another Stinger SPV35 battery

Some random Kandy 1/0 Cable from amazon

and some MDF 3/4 inch board with some blue and grey suede.

Stay tuned for Pictures !! Stupid forum not helping a NOOB out..

20130623_113021.jpg
20130623_124137.jpg20130623_151741.jpg
20130623_155807.jpg

Bumping too late as your box is done, mount the subs and see how it goes. I'd say subs up but with the port on the side there is a chance of unloading so make your mind on subs back or up.

In his car, since its a hatch, I'd suggest subs up, port back. That car shouldn't have a problem getting loud as long as you designed the box well enough. You haven't given any specifics as far as port width or total port length either. We know the external dimensions, and that is all. How wide did you make your port? Also another factor to consider its if you'll be choking the port or not. it needs free space in front of it, preferably the width of the opening of the port. It should have the distance between the port and any other obstacle, the distance of the port width. Example: port width equals 5 inches, you should have 5" of free space between the mouth if the port and any other obstruction in the car, I.e. the hatch

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 1 month later...

Archived