Sundown Audio

Need advise on an amp

angelscream

How did you create your connections?

Have you done the big 3?

Is the battery AGM or flooded?

I feel like I'm the one having to work hard to help you.... That's not the way it should go.

Snow drifter you seem to know a thing or to u mind schooling a n()()b

There are a lot of REALLY smart people on here. Not just me haha. Make a thread with whatever questions you need answered and we'll sort you out ;)

With a 600-750 rms amp, your alternator is plenty. Big 3 is just a good idea no matter what. The battery is plenty. Anything labeled 4 Guage is plenty good enough. But I'm not the best of the best, top of the line kind so take from this what you want!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

How did you create your connections?

Have you done the big 3?

Is the battery AGM or flooded?

I feel like I'm the one having to work hard to help you.... That's not the way it should go.

It shouldn't be hard to help me. It wasn't a question about the big 3 or how I made my connections. I just asked advice about a decent amp to run my sub and if I can run it in 2 ohm stereo.

If your subs is design to run 2 Ohms then you should be consider looking for a good decent amp that have 2 Ohms stable all day with out cutting you out. Most common cheap amps will cut you out at 2 ohms or overheat very easily.

The other people who have posted have rights to know what electrical system you got there it will makes them easier for you to help out what certain kind amp you need and what kind wiring kit you have because if we just give you the wrong kind amp where your wiring kit isn't suppose to handle this you'd headed up like this...

Car_fire_6.24.2004-1.jpg

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

the electrical connection and battery question is kinda important to help you decide on a good amp regardless of the amount of power you are going to be pulling. if something is wrong somewhere you can short and cause a fire. like me for instance i have to big 3 because im not going to put a 500watt amp behind only a 12 gauge fusable link. i will burn that out and possible cause a fire.

as far as a dual 2 ohm, look to wire it down to 1ohm or 4 ohm. 4 gauge should do it. id just go with an sq750.1

With a 600-750 rms amp, your alternator is plenty. Big 3 is just a good idea no matter what. The battery is plenty. Anything labeled 4 Guage is plenty good enough. But I'm not the best of the best, top of the line kind so take from this what you want!

No. I've seen some "4ga" that is cheap 9ga aluminum wire.

OP: I'm asking all these questions to figure out if you can even support an 800-1000 watt amp. If I told you to get an amp that you didn't have the electrical to support all you would end up with is a ton of voltage drop, clipping, and damaged equipment.

So if you want me to make it easy and just say an amp... Get a 250-300 watt amp. Since you want it simple I'm going to assume worst case scenario when it comes to electrical which is some cheap 10ga wiring kit, terminals secured with pliers, and no big 3.

Archived