Choosing a 3/4 ton diesel for towing..

Cummins...

You dont see any V style engines in semis Do ya!? ( aside from the small international box trucks)

Theres a saying for us cummins guys. "Us cummins fellas keep it straight, those other boys swing both ways."

If youre looking for a pretty interior and a bunch of bells and whistles get a duramax, if you want the best engine and towing rig get a cummins. If you want the absolute best, buy a newer ford... rip out that shitty engine and put a 5.9 cummins. A ford cummins is about as good as its gonna get

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

A ford body, Cummins motor, Allison tranny would be ideal

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I have plenty of experience with Dodge Cummins diesels so I can tell you what I think from experience. I put about 100,000 miles on the first Kicker Dodge tow vehicle with the 5.9L pulling everything from a 26' enclosed with 1 car and a PA system up to a 48', 3 axle gooseneck hauling 2 cars and supplies. I think that truck was a 2003. Then we bought a 2007 also with the 5.9L and I probably put another 50K pulling those same trailers. Only problems we ever had with the 2003 was the fuel system failing but I don't think they changed the fuel filter often enough. Everyone said the transmissions are weak and that we would have problems but we never had one transmission problem. Even now my personal vehicle is a 2008 Dodge Ram 6.7L deisel and I love it. I use it to tow a 30' toyhauler and have never had any problems. Great trucks, just change the fuel filters.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

Archived