lead-acid connected to AGM, but same specs.

in the title, do i need an isolator? i have a lead-acid battery from advance auto party for my car up front with 525 CCA, and just bought an AGM sound quest battery with 520 CCA. they are about identical, but theyre two different batt styles.any input is awesome.

headunit: pioneer 1400DVDsub stage: FI Q 15 D2sub amp: VVME inno-d 1500

voice amp: VVME 4 channel 4080.2nd battery: Soundquest SQB2000 2nd batterywiring:run of stinger ofc 4 gauge to 2nd battery

sky high and knu 0 gauge to bass ampsub box: custom ported box, 3.73^3 tuned to 32hz

rca's: stinger 6000 for basskicker 4 channel for voice

front stage:JBL gto608crear stage:renegade 6.2c

difference in resting voltages? im obv not gonna pound with the car off, thats dumb, but the resting voltage i heard will be off, when i get my AGM, imma get a brand new battery for the front reguardless, would that help? so ill have 2 brand new batts.

voice amp: VVME 4 channel 4080.2nd battery: Soundquest SQB2000 2nd batterywiring:run of stinger ofc 4 gauge to 2nd battery

sky high and knu 0 gauge to bass ampsub box: custom ported box, 3.73^3 tuned to 32hz

I ran a lead acid up front and agm in back for quite a while over a year until the agm died. Not sure if had to do with mixing batt types or just that the deka was used when I bought it and probably old and eventually wouldnt hold a decent charge anymore.

any other input? this is helping me make my decision very quickly.lol

Good info. I have heard not to mix match different chemistry batteries. I personally have two lead acid batteries under the hood of my tahoe. Just wired parallel. I'm going to do that until I can afford some nice car audio batteries

I have ran stock acid with agm in the past. I think it was a kinetic and an ac delco. Worked fine. As long as the resting voltages are fairly close it should not negatively effect the batteries. I like AGM better though.

XS Power agm's have a slightly higher resting voltage than some kinetics to that allows the acid battery to leech off of it and drag the voltage down.

Archived