Ever had this happen to you when buying something on ebay?

No reason for the harsh words. It usually does say how many days they have to ship in the shipping section. I think you slightly overreacted since it has only been 48ish hours but he still had no right to send that message.

And I would change your avatar

What you mean my avatar? And okay I spent 700 dollars...and then realized I sent the money to a week old user, who copied his entire auction add from another site, has an identical auction the same as the one I won, has an unverified paypal, and who doesn't respond to any messages....I don't care if I overreacted I'm lookin out for myself!

Since the last time I checked, sometime last month, there is a 3 week "pending period" for items that ARE NOT shipped with the purchased ebay/paypal packing label. Even if your package said it was shipped blah blah blah. If they penciled your address on the box instead of using eBay's printout label, you have time to get your money back. So, don't worry too much about that part.

ALWAYS check the handling and shipping times. 3 days handling and 3 days shipping is what I stick to. So, my customers usually receive their items within a week.

A week old user would put up a red flag for me, but I was always a craiglister before ebay. Maybe this dude was the same. Just couldn't sell on craigslist?

I search for items that I want to sell before selling them. If there's an identical item listed, there's an option to "sell one like this". When you click it, it pretty much copies the listing, description, item specifics, and (not sure) pics. So, maybe he was googling the specifics of those rims and found that posting on another site? I've done this method of gathering information through ebay and other websites before.

Unverified paypal is fishy, but it works with verified or unverified accounts. For $600 sale and an unverified paypal, I would contact a seller before placing a bid just as a percaution. Being unverified isn't a bad thing if you're selling pet rocks or something small. =)

The only thing I AM NOT on the fence about is the responding to messages. Backing you up 100%. I gotta call bullshit on this. Now days, EVERYONE has a cellphone with the OPTION to have a data plan. THERE'S AN EBAY APP!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck, not that I recommend it, but there are protected wifi hotspots everywhere he could use. I've sold maybe 2 things through my PC. Everything else is through my android phone. If he's selling items this expensive, he should be 100% involved with his customers, even if it means getting a moble data plan to stay in contact at all times. The second I get a notification from ebay while connected to data, I get an email, txt, and ebay notifcation.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

No reason for the harsh words. It usually does say how many days they have to ship in the shipping section. I think you slightly overreacted since it has only been 48ish hours but he still had no right to send that message.

What you mean my avatar? And okay I spent 700 dollars...and then realized I sent the money to a week old user, who copied his entire auction add from another site, has an identical auction the same as the one I won, has an unverified paypal, and who doesn't respond to any messages....I don't care if I overreacted I'm lookin out for myself!

Since the last time I checked, sometime last month, there is a 3 week "pending period" for items that ARE NOT shipped with the purchased ebay/paypal packing label. Even if your package said it was shipped blah blah blah. If they penciled your address on the box instead of using eBay's printout label, you have time to get your money back. So, don't worry too much about that part.

ALWAYS check the handling and shipping times. 3 days handling and 3 days shipping is what I stick to. So, my customers usually receive their items within a week.

A week old user would put up a red flag for me, but I was always a craiglister before ebay. Maybe this dude was the same. Just couldn't sell on craigslist?

I search for items that I want to sell before selling them. If there's an identical item listed, there's an option to "sell one like this". When you click it, it pretty much copies the listing, description, item specifics, and (not sure) pics. So, maybe he was googling the specifics of those rims and found that posting on another site? I've done this method of gathering information through ebay and other websites before.

Unverified paypal is fishy, but it works with verified or unverified accounts. For $600 sale and an unverified paypal, I would contact a seller before placing a bid just as a percaution. Being unverified isn't a bad thing if you're selling pet rocks or something small. =)

The only thing I AM NOT on the fence about is the responding to messages. Backing you up 100%. I gotta call bullshit on this. Now days, EVERYONE has a cellphone with the OPTION to have a data plan. THERE'S AN EBAY APP!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck, not that I recommend it, but there are protected wifi hotspots everywhere he could use. I've sold maybe 2 things through my PC. Everything else is through my android phone. If he's selling items this expensive, he should be 100% involved with his customers, even if it means getting a moble data plan to stay in contact at all times. The second I get a notification from ebay while connected to data, I get an email, txt, and ebay notifcation.

Understand everything your saying and agree 100%, Of course the fact that he wouldn't respond was the biggest red flag for me. But now I have rims I like even better on my truck, and I got ALL my money back in my bank account already from that dipshit scammer :D I also told ebay that he had an identical ad for the same rims that someone else bought so I hope they didn't get scammed either.

Understand everything your saying and agree 100%, Of course the fact that he wouldn't respond was the biggest red flag for me. But now I have rims I like even better on my truck, and I got ALL my money back in my bank account already from that dipshit scammer :D I also told ebay that he had an identical ad for the same rims that someone else bought so I hope they didn't get scammed either.

Good for you, man. Post some pics of those new rims sometimes.

Even though it sucks for people just starting out on eBay, like your scammer... I don't think it's worth it for the seller or buyer to pay shipping on something that big or heavy ever.

I recently shipped a pair of RF T1 6.75"s. It was 9lb. Cost me $16.57 to ship it from Lake Charles, Louisiana to Gregory, TX. That's crazy to me.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Archived