Battery Under the Hood

I believe my car is a group 35.

I just Dont have a ton of time to do research and I only have a tablet here for internet.

The help really means a lot to me guys.

Its a 2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart. And I Dont really have a budget, I Dont want to spend a ton but I'm not looking for a $70 battery either. Thank you for your support!

@lol-My concern is also weight, I know that seems weird but this is my DD. And I may do the big 3 when I get home.

I was also looking at the Interstate MTP-35 with 640CCA, 100RC. But the Deka is an AGM.

2.0 Liter or 2.4 Liter?

Looks like it doesn't matter which engine... Hit up Mechman or XS Power here in the forum and you'll get a member discount. I got the same battery from Mechman on here and it was cheaper than anywhere else even with the added accessories.. . http://4xspower.com/bci_group/34/

And why would that XS battery be better than the Deka?

This is where I'm lost, how can you tell? The Deka has more CCA and the same RC as the XS.

I tried calling them but they're closed for the holiday,but their website came up with group 34 batteries which is why it popped up the D3400.. I can't say if it's any better or not because I haven't used the Deka's but I've heard good things about them. I'm running the D3400 and D1200 and drove my truck for over a week on just battery power because I was getting my alt repaired and the connectors didn't match up on the alt so I couldn't plug it in. Had no problems,I did put them on charge a couple times just to be safe. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either battery but I know the XS Power are beasts..

I certainly learned XS (D3400) is where it is at for an underhood/whole vehicle/system BATT. Don't be afraid of 1k CCA.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

You guys are right, the D3400 is a beast. But I think its to big for my tray and in have very limited room. =/

Xs D3400: 1000CCA, 118RC, 65Ah, 46lbs.

Deka 9A35: 680CCA, 100RC, 50Ah, 37lbs.

You guys are right, the D3400 is a beast. But I think its to big for my tray and in have very limited room. =/

Xs D3400: 1000CCA, 118RC, 65Ah, 46lbs.

Deka 9A35: 680CCA, 100RC, 50Ah, 37lbs.

can you get someone to measure your battery tray?? You can mount their batteries in any position you know.

facebook_2135818554.jpg

This is under the hood. The battery is to the right of the BPV, I front of the intake box, under the inlet snorkel.

Archived