Second Skin Audio

12" Memphis Pr5124 Specs? Plz Help

First , let me say thanks...This forum is bad ass.

I am new here and I have not in stalled a system in 15 years.

My young wife wanted some jam in her Suburban, so last Feb I bought some stuff online I thought might mix well and sound good..and said " Happy Valentines Day, baby"..

Last week I dug a box of goodies out of storage and throwed it in the back of her ride..I work out of town, so I called the local chop shop and told the Installer my wife was coming down and hook her up with the stuff I had..."give me the best coaxes ya got in the doors and throw those 12's in a good box"....So this year, I said "Happy Valentines, Baby"..lol...thats bad.

Well yesterday I got in from work and scoped out the install... It sucked..let me just say they had the mid/high right front input crossed , the rear left out crossed out of phase and both amps grounded to the seat frame above the rear of the amps... fuken noisy that way!..I got red in the face, my friends. If I have to pay for it, I feel it should be done right to say the least...any ways I fixed the in, out, ground...and a few other least worrysome probs can wait a day or two.

Enough bichen,Heres the deal, I bought 2 Memphis PR 12's 4ohm svc...This system sounds pretty good like it is, but I am not sure I am getting all I can..I the pre fab slot ported box is tight, sounds good for 85 bucks, but is it right? I calculated using an excel program i found here at SMD that the box net vol is 2.8 cubes

with a tune of 42.7 hz. ( prolly right for a sealed box?)

Ultimately, I want to install 4 of these ( while I can still get them) in a ported box tuned to low to mid 30's

this might help..box dems: w- 36" H- 13" D- 16" Slot Port dems: 3"W x 11.5" H x 13 3/8" L I maxed my amp sub sonic level to 35hz, gain set proper @ 4v input, HU Low Pass x over 63hz 12 db/oct..250 hz 24 db/oct on amp Low pass. I have not intentionally clipped anything since I have heard u can do system damage at freq below the tuning hz...

Edited by East Texas

and youll be happy the the pr's there are on the cheaper cost of things and sound rather decent as well

i have 8 of the same line 15s in my van.. i would tune a box for them around 32hz and port it (going with 4 that is) and put a good clean 300-350 watts to each one and that will salm

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

and youll be happy the the pr's there are on the cheaper cost of things and sound rather decent as well

i have 8 of the same line 15s in my van.. i would tune a box for them around 32hz and port it (going with 4 that is) and put a good clean 300-350 watts to each one and that will salm

The PR's sound real good, I noticed you hit 150's with 8 15PR's...i am impressed...hell yea. I figure on a budget, I could buy 2 more 12's and a Colossus XXV

rated at 1100 x 2 @ 2ohm stereo, 2200 1 ohm mono for 800.

Know anything about this? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...p;Product_ID=49

Edited by East Texas

way too mcuh money on a amp for 4 prs, nice amp but wow lol more on the amp than whats in the subs, you only need about 12-1500 rms , so that amp would be over kill to the 5th ....maybe something like the memphis m1000 would be killer or on a cheap side the poweracoustik 1800

just clicked the link after the post lol, and thats a link to a alphasonic , and i think that would work out perfectly, and since that amp has a small foot print would be easy to hide ect... plus the hour meeter is nice on them

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

way too mcuh money on a amp for 4 prs, nice amp but wow lol more on the amp than whats in the subs, you only need about 12-1500 rms , so that amp would be over kill to the 5th ....maybe something like the memphis m1000 would be killer or on a cheap side the poweracoustik 1800

just clicked the link after the post lol, and thats a link to a alphasonic , and i think that would work out perfectly, and since that amp has a small foot print would be easy to hide ect... plus the hour meeter is nice on them

yea..I want to get as much as I can behind the third seat of my wifes suburban..I have a 1200w HiFonics on those 2 12's, I thought about moving that to my truck and kinda working the suburban over real sweet.

create a photobucket account, and make a folder for each project to keep it all organised... then copy and paste the direct link into the fourm in a post