Sonic Electronix

Where in the heck do you buy JUST REGULAR sundown dustcaps??

Hey i know someone here can help me :)

I very stupidly put a hole in my sundown dustcap (epic headslap)

i would like to know where i can purchase another cap or the size of the cap so i can grab a replacement off ebay..

although i would love the very business look of the sundown cap

THANKS

Too Bass Or Not To Bass

Thats it??

Well if thats the case so be it thanks..

I just couldnt for the life of me find where the hell you order those things but now maybe this will save someone else the question LOL

Too Bass Or Not To Bass

How big is the hole? I would suggest trying to plug the hole before removing the old one. If your not very careful you will end up buying a recone kit.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

honestly, get a generic solid black dustcap and a glue kit online. Attach it to how ever many you have, then if you want you can rock them full black or buy a couple logos and they will look fine, just with a bigger dustcap.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

its about the size of a 2 quarters and a 1x.5 inch tear

its pretty big i was also thinking would a fiberglass filler work or am i just sol if i am i would want to do the recone

About what size is the original and if i bought a little bigger one would i have to take the old one off ??

Too Bass Or Not To Bass

• 4 weeks later...

well just to recap what eneded up happening..

I contacted sundown and they ended up emailing me back about a day or two later (pretty good response time) I was quoted 2 $ for the cap and 11 in shipping charges..

I got the cap in about 2 and a half weeks later and couldnt wait to slap that bad boy on because looking at a cracked dustcap with elect tape made me sick :(

So i grabbed my handy xacto knife and went to work on the cap man what a time consuming task..

after about 25 mins i was ready to glue my new Cap On !!!

i didnt know what kind of glue to get but i remember in my younger days i found 2 alpine type Rs in the trash with a free box lol :)

one had a hole in the surround the other in the cone :( any who back to the topic i used a glue from dollar tree (dont hate) to glue the good surround to the good cone and man it worked wonders i was thinking what if i used the same stuff for the cap.. ( the surround never came off after 1 month of hard beating :) )

went to my local dollar tree they still had the stuff so i was more than happy used it and like a champ it stuck and stuck well :)

ill put some pics up later :)))

also the Cap size if 5 inches incase anyone wants to go with the generic !! its offical i measered with a measure tape i might be a little off but thats what i got !

Here is a pic of the fedex box sent to me with the cap sub pic later

fbdcg9.jpg

vrps05.jpg

Too Bass Or Not To Bass

Archived