Setting gains with DD-1 through a RF 3Sixty.3??

I seem to be having problems setting my gains using the 360.3,I have to turn .3 level input all the way up and still don't get 1khz detect until I start turning amp gain up. I can turn amp gain all the way up and still get no distortion on DD-1??? I initially set the gains before the .3 just to know distortion levels of the amp but had to adjust them by ear once I hooked up the .3 bcus of the signal/detect problems I'm having. Been running like I originally set it for months now with no problems,.3 input levels are around halfway for all channels and I just made adjustments with the amp gains. It's possible that I could be clipping at times bcus of where amp gains are at but none of them are high at all. I'm guessing I need to turn all the .3 input levels all the way up then adjust amp gains with DD-1 accordingly but can't get it to work properly with the .3.. I've set quite a few amp gains with the DD-1,one with a PAC LC-1 but none with a DSP inline,I've tried several different things but so far none have worked. I'm wanting to redo all my gains for tweeter amp,mid amps and sub amp. Any input would be appreciated..

I hope you get an answer. This is the main reason I'm holding off on getting the 3sixty.3. The video Steve made was for a line driver. From the manual, the 3sixty.3 doesn't have a gain control.

It has a line level control though,it makes a big difference in sound.. I just don't think the line levels should be all the way up because I believe that increases the input voltage on the rca's to the amp..