Sonic Electronix

it's because typically, subs aren't anything. It's all in the enclosure. Why do you think people do what they do as far as building so many different boxes? Filling their vehicles with concrete? you gotta get good subs and all, for sure, but you throw in the extra stuff? that's what does it. that's why they say 20% equipment, 80% install. Get any massive sub you want and do a crappy install? worthless box and all? Guarentee, someone can beat you on the meter with a crappy sub.

Sheena = pedobear

Loudness is SPL. You perceive a sound as loud or louder because the air pressure against your ear drums increases. Ergo, sound pressure... which is measured as SPL, in decibels.

I think you may be looking for sound quality and wide bandwidth at moderate volumes rather than balls to the wall loud with little respect to quality?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

not spl but loudness? tell me, how do we measure loudness? DB. how do we measure how loud systems are? DB. So DB=DB? Loudness is not SPL?

again, my statement. subs don't truly matter. they help, as take a $50 sub and $500 sub, the $500 one should definitely be a lot louder. But, if you do the enclosure wrong or this or that, the $50 sub can beat that $500 one.

I had a pair 2 $50 kenwoods. now, nothing anyone could truly compete with but everyone I knew was jealous. I was loud. I upgraded to 2 T1's. Major increase. But say the box was completely wrong, say I wasn't throwing good electrical at them, ect. Those Kenwoods would be close in loudness to those T1's. And when I get what I want done, it'll actually be even louder...without changing subs.

Not being mean but seriously, subs don't matter. 80% install, 20% equipment. How much equipment is there in a system? Amps, wires, subs, box, ect.

Sheena = pedobear

SPL is loudness. How loud is something is measured in DB.

SQ is sound quality. TRUE SQ takes bank. easier to get loud than SQ. We're talking you buy some speakers (as to which the speakers are not $200 speakers, they're WAY more). Get a processor. Fine tune it. Sound good? That's cool. Fine tune it more. Takes WEEKS if not MONTHS to get it right. Then you find out, it's just not right. It's not "perfect" so you either ditch that setup and get better speakers or just get more. Tune that. Weeks... months... ect.

Airplane is around 128Db I think (correct me if I'm wrong). Airplane is loud no? We measure in Db.

SQ is ... think of... hmm, like an Orchestra. Every note should be hit PERFECTLY, clearly audible in any angle, no matter where you're at, ect ect. (at least that's my definition, there's MANY definitions of SQ)

Sheena = pedobear

Archived