Sonic Electronix

Ok its hard to explain I had a kicker cvr 15 you could here it down the street. Now I have a AA havoc it sounds much better but can't be hear very far. What component made the kicker louder. But cvr did not sound good sq wise. Same box same amp. 3.5 cubes @32 hz on skar 1500.1

I understand that but, you're just saying that one driver is louder than the other. If we want to know why one is louder than the other in a given cabinet we need to know the impedance, sensitivity and Fs (at least) of each driver and then we can compare them in the cabinet you're talking about. We can even model which one will be louder before we ever build the cabinet. But that doesn't mean the Havoc isn't producing sound pressure or that the Kicker isn't loud.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Do whatever makes it sound good to you dude. I was just trying to help you understand the difference between sound pressure and sound quality.

Not trying to argue so don't take it wrong. Spl of a jet engine is around 140 db. But many people are way above that level ESP SUV. But sq I believe, is same quality all angles c

Clear and audible from all angles

Well, you are actually wrong, Jet engines are measured with A and B weighted decibels, not really an SPL persay. Bass is measured with C weighted decibels because A and B weighted measuring does not accurately measure low frequencies.

I read this whole thread and i wonder what the question is.

edit:

i don't mean to come off too strong by saying "wrong". But most of those things you see about a bell, mosquito, drum, rock concert or jet engine use A weighted, and typically when speaking of SPL, at least in our context, it's in reference to low freq.

If I were to explain the difference between spl and loud, it'd be spl is measured, loud is heard

That's not a description of two things, it's two methods of detecting one thing.

Archived