Second Skin Audio

box design please (willing to pay if needed)

I got a pair of old school powerbass pbx 12's in a prefab box in a trade. Went to a local db drag this past weekend and ran for shits and giggles. Believe it or not, they hit a 141.5@47hz! I didn't plan on keeping them at first, but that changed my mind. Now, I'm looking for a design for these and see what they can do in a proper box. I'm willing to pay for a design if I need to.

Car:1996 chevy cavalier 4 door
Amp will be a hifonics bxi2610@1ohm
They have to be in the trunk, but seat folds down so they can fire forward sealed off if necessary.
Max dimensions of the trunk:
17.5"H
34.5"W
29"D

Not a lot of room, but I can build the box in the trunk if I have to, or I can also put it in through the back seat.

Any help, advise, or a design will be greatly appreciated. And as the title says, I can pay for a quality design.

edit:

if the box is under 15"H, i can go to 36.5"W

I got a pair of old school powerbass pbx 12's in a prefab box in a trade. Went to a local db drag this past weekend and ran for shits and giggles. Believe it or not, they hit a 141.5@47hz! I didn't plan on keeping them at first, but that changed my mind. Now, I'm looking for a design for these and see what they can do in a proper box. I'm willing to pay for a design if I need to.

Car:1996 chevy cavalier 4 door

Amp will be a hifonics bxi2610@1ohm

They have to be in the trunk, but seat folds down so they can fire forward sealed off if necessary.

Max dimensions of the trunk:

17.5"H

34.5"W

29"D

Not a lot of room, but I can build the box in the trunk if I have to, or I can also put it in through the back seat.

Any help, advise, or a design will be greatly appreciated. And as the title says, I can pay for a quality design.

edit:

if the box is under 15"H, i can go to 36.5"W

Couple questions.. What is "The proper box" to YOU? You can find your cars peak and build a box to work with it for way better numbers. Or are you looking for a very musical box? Looking to dig down low? It's really hard to have a single box that accel's both on the meter and to the ear.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't been on in awhile due to work, but I'm still looking for a design for these 12's. Is anyone willing to help, or should I just give up?

I'm looking more for musical than just putting up good numbers. But I still want it to get loud! I know when it was put on the meter I was told it peaked at 47hz. Don't want it tuned that high, tho. I'd be good with a tuning around 34-37hz.

Archived