Jump to content

bi passing factory security system on 1998 z28 camaro


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a z 28 camaro. That wnt start the security light blinks when I try to start It..at 1st I would have to wait until security light went off to crank but It did crank ...now It won't do anything I was told the alarm has to be bi passed..how true is that and is there anything else I can do

Posted

Thats a pretty common thing to go out on the older camaros that had the key with the little chip in it. and its a pain in the ass to bypass a system like that, it can be done but most times its easier just to fix the problem and move on

Posted

Just cost me 500$ to fix my issue... Happend at slamology too

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

best thing to do is search on google how to bypass passlock...I forgot the procedure but i had a camaro that did the same damn thing lol you have to wire a resistor into one of the wires on the ignition but the size of the resistor goes by what your reading is on a dmm...Its hard to explain....But ive also heard this method of passlock...Turn key on for 10 min, turn off for 10 min, turn key back on for 10 min. then try and crank it....Somehow it resets the passlock, known to work on some vehicles not for sure camaro or not, but its free so its worth a try.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

make a resistor pack matching resistance on your key. wire into steering column. it was the two orange wires on my car. wire them so the resistor pack isnt working back to the steering column.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6040 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...