80prs now in active mode

I get what you're saying... but either lower the tweeter (hair) down or pick up mids a bit.... gain is much easier to deal with

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

ive been thinking bout tryin the auto eq . ive not messed with my eq yet got it set flat

i dont like the auto eq, it realy turns the mids up on my car a lot and makes the tweets almost non existent.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

also you set your gains with the HU at 62/62? how? were you pressing the gas at idle? what was voltage at amp when you set the gains?

Pioneer decks dont clip unless you have everything turned way up at volume 62

dd-1 tested 62/62 no clip. so i guess that mean it would be ok for me to adjust the mids above 0 if needed.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

im gonna set the tweets down a bit on the hu and maybe the mids up a bit.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I believe the HU does that when the "listening" mic is either to close or on-axis with tweeters/speaker.....

ive been thinking bout tryin the auto eq . ive not messed with my eq yet got it set flat

i dont like the auto eq, it realy turns the mids up on my car a lot and makes the tweets almost non existent.

also you set your gains with the HU at 62/62? how? were you pressing the gas at idle? what was voltage at amp when you set the gains?

Pioneer decks dont clip unless you have everything turned way up at volume 62

dd-1 tested 62/62 no clip. so i guess that mean it would be ok for me to adjust the mids above 0 if needed.

only the 400.4 was hooked up at the time. the gain on the t1500.1 is all the way down until i can get on a dd-1. voltage doesnt drop at all with only the 400.4 running.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

messed around with it more, set the tweets down at -2 and it made a world of a difference. then went back to the eq and adjusted everything all over again (im sure it wont be the last time). mids are sounding better and the tweets arent so overpowering now. the passenger side mid cut out while driving down the road and then back in. gotta take the door panel off and check the wiring. it all tight on the amp.

still leaning towards putting a shallow 8 in the doors ( only a shallow will fit ). run around 50-75 watts to them. would need to get a 2 channel amp for that though. thinking maybe a punch 300.2 if i go that route.

could get any 8 to fit if i switched to electric windows but thats just more to go bad on the car and more money spent that could be better spent else where.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

got the passenger side mid fixed. apperently i somehow forget to tighten the screw down on the amp for the + wire.

just learned this about the 80prs

when selecting the position if you have your time alignment set for the front left and switch the position to the front right it automatically changes the t/a to the exact opposite of what you have it set for on the front left position. that means if your demoing for someone in the passenger seat you can switch the position and it would allow them to better hear the quality that t/a adds to the system.

also with the position setting you can set the xover different for each position. when i have my wife and kids with me i have to turn the subs down so now i have the front position set at -20 to -24. then i still have a little bit of bass but its safe for the kids.

to go back to how i like it when know one else is with me all i have to do is change the position to front left

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived